Metallic silver downtown? Black? Help!!

NYC

Jun 28, 2011
Was their ever a dark metallic silver made? Why do some of the ebay pictures of metallic silver look like metallic dark grey. I actually like the dark color more. Is this just a photo issue.... but that would be a lot of bad photos! Please let me know as light colored bags NYC and me don't do well! If it didn't come dark I will get a black or dark brown!

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Canada
It is sooo hard to make a good photo of metallic YSL bag. I d not recall any silver version than ordinary silvery silver. I would LOVE dark anthracite with silver shine myself - I have Doc Martens boots in that colour, they call it silver-cato. I have not seen such metallib by YSL.

Try the search of a reference library for the real colour of a silver

and send us a link so that we can try to figure out

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
Hey NYC, I just went and took a look at the downtowns. I'm not sure which one you are looking at but the starting bid for one of the 2 that come closest to what you describe is extremely low. Anyway, submit it in the Authentication thread. Hopefully you will get more help there as well.

Good luck!

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Canada
I think there is silver which is a light silver like aluminum foil
The metallic silver is a dark grey?
That's what it now appears to be but please help!
you need to show us the pics...the auction, post the link in authentication thread or here so that we doscuss the colour

I wanted light silver, it was very low bid and I lost it because it shot very high in the end, I wanted to take my chance with YSL silver and get funky...however I would not give a lot of money for it because other metallic bags girlh here have, they complain about rubbing off , one silver DT on ebay has straps rubbed off and that would look horribly cheap and ugly, there is no way to get the silver dye back on your bag, not even vag spa could do it