Metallic Reissue- thoughts?

traumamama

May 19, 2016
Hi! Do any of you wonderful ladies own this metallic beige reissue from 17A collection? I am contemplating it/trying to find it- but wonder how the leather wears? I know some metallics have had issues with peeling, cracking, wearing off... any input and/or advice would be appreciated!!

Disclaimer: photos from eBay and Stock thread and @Kendie26IMG_1508550872.520580.jpgIMG_1508550888.367776.jpgIMG_1508550911.891587.jpgIMG_1508550926.620508.jpg

@Kendie26 I would love to hear your thoughts on this bag- I have to admit I am in loooooove with both of your nude/beige reissues- they are stunning!!!
Thanks so much traumamama! I recently took this quilt reissue on a week long vacation. Up until that point i had only carried it a handful (less than 5) times. I "babied" it for the most part during our vacation, being as careful as i could with it (although i really do that w/ all my bags) & I looked it over when we got home before putting her back in dustbag & so no issues/ peeling, stains, etc. Who knows how it will "age" in the future but for now it's fine. I think that if you love it & it fits nicely into your collection & maybe fills a gap that you have, then go for it! My thoughts between my 2 nude/beige/gold Reissues is this, while I love them both, i know that i clearly favor & covet the chevron reissue more. I sometimes feel like this metallic one is a little redundant because do i really need 2 of the same size & color reissue?! I expressed this thought to my SA BEFORE i bought it from her, but she said "no they are 2 very different bags" (quilt vs chevron; aged calf vs metallic) so i did "cave" to her way of thinking. I wouldn't say i have bad regret buying this one but if i could go back in time to when she presented it to me, i would probably pass on it now & that's ONLY because I'm wanting to have a collection that has true variety & not so much repetition (if this makes any sense!!) Best of luck & do let me know what you decide. It IS definitely a GORGEOUS bag!!!:flowers::tup::hugs:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Thanks so much traumamama! I recently took this quilt reissue on a week long vacation. Up until that point i had only carried it a handful (less than 5) times. I "babied" it for the most part during our vacation, being as careful as i could with it (although i really do that w/ all my bags) & I looked it over when we got home before putting her back in dustbag & so no issues/ peeling, stains, etc. Who knows how it will "age" in the future but for now it's fine. I think that if you love it & it fits nicely into your collection & maybe fills a gap that you have, then go for it! My thoughts between my 2 nude/beige/gold Reissues is this, while I love them both, i know that i clearly favor & covet the chevron reissue more. I sometimes feel like this metallic one is a little redundant because do i really need 2 of the same size & color reissue?! I expressed this thought to my SA BEFORE i bought it from her, but she said "no they are 2 very different bags" (quilt vs chevron; aged calf vs metallic) so i did "cave" to her way of thinking. I wouldn't say i have bad regret buying this one but if i could go back in time to when she presented it to me, i would probably pass on it now & that's ONLY because I'm wanting to have a collection that has true variety & not so much repetition (if this makes any sense!!) Best of luck & do let me know what you decide. It IS definitely a GORGEOUS bag!!!:flowers::tup::hugs:

Thanks @Kendie26! Do you find yourself more careful with this bag than your others? I am also very careful with mine, but I do have some I feel are more delicate...

And I think your two “nudes” are very different! I am also obsessed with your chevron- I have the so black and the navy with GHW from that same collection... that’s why I was thinking of “branching out” with a quilted reissue instead of trying to track down another chevron ;)

Reactions: Kendie26
Thanks @Kendie26! Do you find yourself more careful with this bag than your others? I am also very careful with mine, but I do have some I feel are more delicate...

And I think your two “nudes” are very different! I am also obsessed with your chevron- I have the so black and the navy with GHW from that same collection... that’s why I was thinking of “branching out” with a quilted reissue instead of trying to track down another chevron ;)
Hi again! I wouldn't necessarily say I'm "more" careful w/ this one vs my others...but again, i am like you in that I'm very careful w/ all my chanels (The one that i clearly baby the most & freak out over is my lambskin CF). Others may disagree w/ me but i do feel like this metallic calf is pretty darn durable. I do recall you getting the so black :heart::heart::heart:& the navy is exquisite. I think since both of those are chevron then maybe this bag is indeed the ticket & an ideal option for something different w/the quilting!! Have you seen it in person yet or just via pictures?

Hi again! I wouldn't necessarily say I'm "more" careful w/ this one vs my others...but again, i am like you in that I'm very careful w/ all my chanels (The one that i clearly baby the most & freak out over is my lambskin CF). Others may disagree w/ me but i do feel like this metallic calf is pretty darn durable. I do recall you getting the so black :heart::heart::heart:& the navy is exquisite. I think since both of those are chevron then maybe this bag is indeed the ticket & an ideal option for something different w/the quilting!! Have you seen it in person yet or just via pictures?

Thanks so much! I have only seen it in person once- and have been thinking it ever since :smile:. If you have time, could you indulge me with a few more photos? I’m trying to decide if it will be too “glittery” for daytime use? I am “missing” a nude/beige bag and agree with the chevron I already own, I think this might be the one to add variety to my reissue collection - Thank you!!!

Thanks so much! I have only seen it in person once- and have been thinking it ever since :smile:. If you have time, could you indulge me with a few more photos? I’m trying to decide if it will be too “glittery” for daytime use? I am “missing” a nude/beige bag and agree with the chevron I already own, I think this might be the one to add variety to my reissue collection - Thank you!!!
Sure...here you go (sorry for hogging your thread though!!:biggrin:) Had these saved on my cell. While it's obviously a very personal opinion, i do not think this bag is "too glittery" for day (i actually don't think it's glittery at all) The best way i would describe it is having a lovely subtle sheen. It glows VERY softly & is not a full-on metallic. But hopefully you can definitely see it in person again before purchasing. Please let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see up close. Some pics are inside, w/ a flash, & some outdoors.:flowers:

Attachments

• IMG_7014.JPG
    IMG_7014.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_7015.JPG
    IMG_7015.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_7016.JPG
    IMG_7016.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_7017.JPG
    IMG_7017.JPG