Metallic Mushroom or Black?

MsKaren

Jan 8, 2016
Hey ladies, given the choice of metallic mushroom or black which would you go for in a mini Lily? I have the black but I really like the metallic mushroom. Knowing that it's going to be discontinued makes me want it even more. I can't justify 2 mini Lily bags so would have to sell my black one to get the metallic mushroom. I guess my question is which would you choose? Black goes with pretty much everything, do those of you who have any bags in metallic mushroom feel that it's quite versatile? I can't decide whether to bite the bullet, I'm very new to Mulberry too so all thoughts and opinions welcomed x

I think for me the black would be more casual and so it would get more use as opposed to the metallic mushroom. I had gotten the MM envelope wallet to use as a going out clutch - it's still in the box [emoji52] if I was you - I would wait and see if the MM mini lily makes the sale and get it then... they could both have different purposes (that would be my justification [emoji13]).

I prefer black although I don't have a black lily, but it sounds like your heart is set on the metallic mushroom. So I'd sell the black and look to replace this at a later date as it will be around for a while.

It's such a hard decision and I am the worst at making decisions I can't make even the simplest ones. I'm vey indecisive. Eventually I want a regular mini in black so I'm thinking it might make sense to get the mini in mm so I don't have 2 black bags. I'm hoping I can wait until the sale, I have no experience of mulberry sales and I'm worried about missing out!

It's such a hard decision and I am the worst at making decisions I can't make even the simplest ones. I'm vey indecisive. Eventually I want a regular mini in black so I'm thinking it might make sense to get the mini in mm so I don't have 2 black bags. I'm hoping I can wait until the sale, I have no experience of mulberry sales and I'm worried about missing out!

Definitely regular lily in black and mm in mini lily!
You would get much more use out of a regular lily in black and use mm mini lily for special occasions.

Yes I think you're right. I wish I had decided before I'd missed the cut off to return. I wish I was a bit more adventurous with colours in general but I think the mm will look nice on evenings out. I don't think I'd ever use it in the day just as its so small. I wonder if they'll bring out any more colours. I really like the blue and green, I think if they were around the £150-200 I'd be able to get a few eventually but £350 for such a small bag means one is the max!

I compared the black with the mm when buying my Mini Lily and decided on the MM for two reasons:
1: i can always find a nice small black bag for less Cost in another brand.
2: metallic mushroom i cant get and not many have it.

I use mine during the day when i just want to have small stuff with me and the color goes so well with a "relaxed" style such as jeans and T-shirt. Have receives alot of compliments for it. The color brightens a day without being too "blingy".

Definitely regular lily in black and mm in mini lily!

You would get much more use out of a regular lily in black and use mm mini lily for special occasions.

I compared the black with the mm when buying my Mini Lily and decided on the MM for two reasons:

I use mine during the day when i just want to have small stuff with me and the color goes so well with a "relaxed" style such as jeans and T-shirt. Have receives alot of compliments for it. The color brightens a day without being too "blingy".

+1

I think the mini Lily is made to be in MM or some bright color :biggrin:

Regular Lily could be a pop of color but in black/oxblood/other neutral color it's a perfect every day bag.

I have a regular Lily in oxblood and will buy a mini Lily (probably before the sales since I will not risk missing it).

I think you make a really good point and I'm almost certain I will now, I just need to get to a shop to have one last look. I've gone from thinking Mulberry bags were silly & overpriced (well they are overpriced) to wanting one of everything in every colour!

I think you make a really good point and I'm almost certain I will now, I just need to get to a shop to have one last look. I've gone from thinking Mulberry bags were silly & overpriced (well they are overpriced) to wanting one of everything in every colour!
Good luck with your purchase. As you can see from my avatar I have a regular MM lily. I actually bought the mini initially but sent it back because I loved the finish so much so purchased the regular instead (there was a 20% off promotion at the time and it was before the price increased). I'm a bit of a lily lover so do have a mini lily too but in black.

I just bought a mini lily in MM to go with a black and gold dress I'm wearing to a wedding this week. The colour is gorgeous - I thought it might be a bit too much to have a 'gold' bag but it's actually quite subtle. I'm currently searching for the perfect small black bag as I currently don't have one (!) but I wouldn't change my MM mini lily for black if I had the choice. It's much more interesting and unusual than black! I'd also wear it during the day as it's such a small bag it wouldn't be too OTT for a casual look.

Yes I think you're right. I wish I had decided before I'd missed the cut off to return. I wish I was a bit more adventurous with colours in general but I think the mm will look nice on evenings out. I don't think I'd ever use it in the day just as its so small. I wonder if they'll bring out any more colours. I really like the blue and green, I think if they were around the £150-200 I'd be able to get a few eventually but £350 for such a small bag means one is the max!
Hi
Did you buy the MM mini Lily?