Metallic Mini Kelly

Strange, considering Chanel and other manufacturers have been making metallics for decades.
I think it’s because H wants to be able to have products which can be easily serviced through their spa system. The reality is that metallics are created by bonding a metallic foil to the leather or in some rare cases actual gold / silver leaf. (It isn’t as easy to patch up when things do go wrong down the road since the colour isn’t part of the leather but rather on top of it)

I’m guessing this is their line of thinking :thinking:

I think it’s because H wants to be able to have products which can be easily serviced through their spa system. The reality is that metallics are created by bonding a metallic foil to the leather or in some rare cases actual gold / silver leaf. (It isn’t as easy to patch up when things do go wrong down the road since the colour isn’t part of the leather but rather on top of it)

I’m guessing this is their line of thinking :thinking:
Kind of makes sense. I have a silver metallic Chanel bag and its showing wear and tear. They don't "spa" in the same way Hermès does. Hermès sells a product that's supposed to last at least a lifetime, if not longer. I don't think Chanel has the same mindset.

Reactions: Florabella21