Metallic Leather Charms / Key Chains

shazzy99

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
Hi everyone, I am new here but have been reading and drooling over everyone's goodies for a while...

I've searched but I could not find an answer...Does the colour from the metallic leather charms / key chains rub off? I don't mind if it fades, but if I hang it on a bag, will the colour rub off onto the bag?

I have the metallic hearts key fob (in the attached pic) and am worried that if it's swinging around a lot, it may transfer onto the leather or material of the bag I want to attach to.

TIA for all your help...

Attachments

• metallic hearts.jpg
    metallic hearts.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 29
I've had my C charm on several bags for different lengths of time and haven't noticed this problem. I don't *think* there's a transfer issue, but now I'm curious if anyone else has experienced it.

I don't think so. I have several metallic charms and they appear to be fine. My daughter sports around the skull charm and tends to abuse it and her bag and the charm appears fine as well.

On charms, no. On keychains, yes. I have several metallic charms and they've all weathered well. However, I have the gold goldfish keyfob and he is abused daily and looks it (finish has rubbed off in several spots). I do still love him though! Also keep in mind that I am rough with my keys - they get tossed on my desk, fall on a regular basis, etc. If you're more careful than me, your keychain may weather better.