Metallic Leather Charms / Key Chains

shazzy99

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
Hi everyone, I am new here but have been reading and drooling over everyone's goodies for a while...

I've searched but I could not find an answer...Does the colour from the metallic leather charms / key chains rub off? I don't mind if it fades, but if I hang it on a bag, will the colour rub off onto the bag?

I have the metallic hearts key fob (in the attached pic) and am worried that if it's swinging around a lot, it may transfer onto the leather or material of the bag I want to attach to.

TIA for all your help...

Attachments

• metallic hearts.jpg
    metallic hearts.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 29

cinediva

Banned!
May 30, 2007
I've had my C charm on several bags for different lengths of time and haven't noticed this problem. I don't *think* there's a transfer issue, but now I'm curious if anyone else has experienced it.

willowsmom

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
On charms, no. On keychains, yes. I have several metallic charms and they've all weathered well. However, I have the gold goldfish keyfob and he is abused daily and looks it (finish has rubbed off in several spots). I do still love him though! Also keep in mind that I am rough with my keys - they get tossed on my desk, fall on a regular basis, etc. If you're more careful than me, your keychain may weather better.