Metallic gray maxi or turquoise jumbo

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
Hmm, well, do you "need" a gorgeous neutral with a kick or a subdued (but still fab!) pop of color? If I could do lamb, I would probably get the turquoise Jumbo... such a great fall color and amazing with tan, cream, brown, black, yellow, etc! If you go the metallic grey route, I'd personally get the Jumbo, not the maxi. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Hmm, well, do you "need" a gorgeous neutral with a kick or a subdued (but still fab!) pop of color? If I could do lamb, I would probably get the turquoise Jumbo... such a great fall color and amazing with tan, cream, brown, black, yellow, etc! If you go the metallic grey route, I'd personally get the Jumbo, not the maxi. Good luck deciding! :flowers:
I take it that you are not a fan of the maxi. May I ask why?

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
Hi! :smile: Ohhh, no, I like the maxi. :smile: It's just that (for me) a metallic lamb maxi scares the hell out of me. See, I just don't do lambskin, and can't imagine where I (personally) would wear an oversized metallic lamb flap. It looks beautiful on others, but I'm particular about what I like/will use... so it's really just me. I do prefer the proportions of the Jumbo though, if it comes down to it.

I tried on a caviar maxi and did really like it, but given the choice between a maxi and Jumbo, I'd probably pick the latter most of the time. :smile: I do have a vintage XL (black lamb) maxi though... it's fabulous, but one is enough for me (can't say the same about medium and Jumbo flaps)! :P

I take it that you are not a fan of the maxi. May I ask why?

Last edited:

nscwong

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Hong Kong
Both are gorgeous! May I know what other colour of bags do you have? If I were you, I'd go for the one that can diversify my collection.

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Both are gorgeous! May I know what other colour of bags do you have? If I were you, I'd go for the one that can diversify my collection.
I have a black wgh maxi in lamb, a black reissue tote, a bronze reissue 227 flap and a black rouched and gray metallic lamb woc on order. I also have a lot of other bags (take a look at my album - see link below)

hkc

O.G.
Dec 20, 2008
Wow, your collection is amazing!
Sorry I'm won't be of any help :sweatdrop: cuz I :heart: both equally! :noggin:

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest
May I ask, What is the NM promo that you're talking about? Thanks!
In stores only - 6 mo - no interest - no payments. Also tomorrow they have buy some get some where you spend a certain amount and you get a gift card to use at a later time. For example if you spend $2500 you get a $375 gift card, and $5000 you get $750.

pond23

Stephanie
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
socal
My vote is for the metallic dark grey lambskin maxi! No question about it. This is one of the most beautiful and complex colors that Chanel has come out with in a while IMO. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it in person at the trunk show.

bella4676

Oct 13, 2008
In stores only - 6 mo - no interest - no payments. Also tomorrow they have buy some get some where you spend a certain amount and you get a gift card to use at a later time. For example if you spend $2500 you get a $375 gift card, and $5000 you get $750.
Wow! Thank you :smile:

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest
[/QUOTE]

I have decided on the metallic gray maxi. My SA will ring it up tomorrow along with a couple other goodies and I will have them on Monday.:yahoo: Thanks for all of your help and comments!