Metallic gray maxi or turquoise jumbo

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
I want to take advantage of NM promo and am trying to decide between these two. What do you all think?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Chanel Metallic Gray Maxi.jpg
    Chanel Metallic Gray Maxi.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 961
  • Chanel Turquoise Jumbo.jpg
    Chanel Turquoise Jumbo.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 873
Hmm, well, do you "need" a gorgeous neutral with a kick or a subdued (but still fab!) pop of color? If I could do lamb, I would probably get the turquoise Jumbo... such a great fall color and amazing with tan, cream, brown, black, yellow, etc! If you go the metallic grey route, I'd personally get the Jumbo, not the maxi. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Hmm, well, do you "need" a gorgeous neutral with a kick or a subdued (but still fab!) pop of color? If I could do lamb, I would probably get the turquoise Jumbo... such a great fall color and amazing with tan, cream, brown, black, yellow, etc! If you go the metallic grey route, I'd personally get the Jumbo, not the maxi. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

I take it that you are not a fan of the maxi. May I ask why?

Hi! :smile: Ohhh, no, I like the maxi. :smile: It's just that (for me) a metallic lamb maxi scares the hell out of me. See, I just don't do lambskin, and can't imagine where I (personally) would wear an oversized metallic lamb flap. It looks beautiful on others, but I'm particular about what I like/will use... so it's really just me. I do prefer the proportions of the Jumbo though, if it comes down to it.

I tried on a caviar maxi and did really like it, but given the choice between a maxi and Jumbo, I'd probably pick the latter most of the time. :smile: I do have a vintage XL (black lamb) maxi though... it's fabulous, but one is enough for me (can't say the same about medium and Jumbo flaps)! :P

I take it that you are not a fan of the maxi. May I ask why?

Last edited:
Both are gorgeous! May I know what other colour of bags do you have? If I were you, I'd go for the one that can diversify my collection.

I have a black wgh maxi in lamb, a black reissue tote, a bronze reissue 227 flap and a black rouched and gray metallic lamb woc on order. I also have a lot of other bags (take a look at my album - see link below)

May I ask, What is the NM promo that you're talking about? Thanks!

In stores only - 6 mo - no interest - no payments. Also tomorrow they have buy some get some where you spend a certain amount and you get a gift card to use at a later time. For example if you spend $2500 you get a $375 gift card, and $5000 you get $750.

My vote is for the metallic dark grey lambskin maxi! No question about it. This is one of the most beautiful and complex colors that Chanel has come out with in a while IMO. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it in person at the trunk show.

attachment.php
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

I have decided on the metallic gray maxi. My SA will ring it up tomorrow along with a couple other goodies and I will have them on Monday.:yahoo: Thanks for all of your help and comments!