Metallic Fallon Satchel Reveal!

Jun 9, 2011
Hi folks!

I saw this online before it was released in stores -- before I even bought my Hamilton, actually -- and asked my local Michael Kors store to call me immediately as soon as it came in...which they did, and I was a day late in calling back (I'm in the hellish process of grading exams towards the end of the school year) and it had already sold out!

Luckily, I went back the next day to check out the metallic hobo version that they had on hold for me, and I saw that they had gotten in (only) 2 more of the original Fallon satchel that I had wanted!

So...I got this last night. I've been wanting a metallic bag in that perfect shade of silver -- this one is called "nickel" -- and I loved it. Here's what held me back and made me walk around the mall for a bit, stewing....

....lots of people have accused Kors of copying Balenciaga w/this new Fallon style. The thing is, I actually HAVE an authentic Balenciaga hip crossbody and love it. It's beautiful. I love that brand. And while I admit that the Fallon seems similar in feel to the Balenciaga look....I still, well....love the metallic Michael Kors. It's the perfect shade of silver. It's pretty and it holds all my stuff and I just said, "scr-w it" and went back and bought it. And it was $398 plus tax, not nearly $2,000, and I wanted to treat myself to it because I had seen it on the website awhile back and wanted it then. And so I carried it to work today and I still love it and I'm wearing it with pride. I'm excited to do this reveal! So thank you. :biggrin:

I'm just curious re: your thoughts on this one. I'm interested in what people think -- not because I'm insecure about the bag itself, because I think it's really cool and pretty -- but because I wonder about people's thoughts regarding designers' being "inspired" by other designers, etc., etc., and I'm very interested in what people feel is "crossing the line." To me, this bag has enough qualities that make it its own bag....and again, the metallic color just sold me immediately. (Plus it's a crossbody!!)

Anyway, thanks so much for your thoughts and for letting me share my new Fallon!!!!

Attachments

• MKors Fallon satchel.jpg
    MKors Fallon satchel.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 632
  • Fallon satchel 2.jpg
    Fallon satchel 2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 580
I love that bag! I am considering the messenger style or the clutch in black!!! I also don't care to spend $2000 on a balenciaga even though I love the look. Everytime I consider purchasing one, I recall my fleeting interest in bags and also think ... I really need to buy clothes.

I think that it does not matter that designers inspire themselves from other bcuz if you think about it, everything that we own is an imitation of other things from cellphones to makeup there is no originality in nothing nowadays. That's my perspective, and if you really like something no matter the price I think it is worth buying it. :biggrin: with that said enjoy your bag it is super cute and different, I luv different! Enjoy ur bag!

Love this bag! What a pretty metallic - love nickel! :heart: I was looking at the messenger in aqua on neimanmarcus.com. Is this the same aqua shade as the hamiltons and selmas? It looks like it.

Absolutely beautiful! You've got me considering this bag now, as well :smile: I have no desire to spend 2K on Balenciage, even though I think they are gorgeous. So many designers take inspiration from each other, and I personally prefer MK's excellent quality at a great price point.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. :smile: I do love it. For those curious, it's also available in teal and black. There is a pretty messenger style and a hobo shoulder style available, too (as well as a clutch), but I'm glad I got this one (the satchel) because it's the biggest and my stuff filled it right away! :smile: Very cool looking metallic bag! :smile: Yey! :smile:

I think that it does not matter that designers inspire themselves from other bcuz if you think about it, everything that we own is an imitation of other things from cellphones to makeup there is no originality in nothing nowadays. That's my perspective, and if you really like something no matter the price I think it is worth buying it. :biggrin: with that said enjoy your bag it is super cute and different, I luv different! Enjoy ur bag!

--I meant different as for the color! Since it is waaaay out of my comfort zone but I love how u are able to risk it and go for the metallic! :biggrin:

I think it's a beaut and anyone who says its a copy of balenciaga is just jealous they didn't get one first!
Haha!! Love it. Thank you!! I love this bag. I've been carrying it around since I got it (well, what was that? 2 days ago?) and I adore it. The metallic is just awesome. Hubby calls it my "space age futuristic bag" and I'm taking that as a compliment. :giggles: I agree; they should expand the colors in this style. So far, the boutique in the Natick Mall (MA) hasn't been able to keep this one in stock!

Hi folks!

I saw this online before it was released in stores -- before I even bought my Hamilton, actually -- and asked my local Michael Kors store to call me immediately as soon as it came in...which they did, and I was a day late in calling back (I'm in the hellish process of grading exams towards the end of the school year) and it had already sold out!

Luckily, I went back the next day to check out the metallic hobo version that they had on hold for me, and I saw that they had gotten in (only) 2 more of the original Fallon satchel that I had wanted!

So...I got this last night. I've been wanting a metallic bag in that perfect shade of silver -- this one is called "nickel" -- and I loved it. Here's what held me back and made me walk around the mall for a bit, stewing....

....lots of people have accused Kors of copying Balenciaga w/this new Fallon style. The thing is, I actually HAVE an authentic Balenciaga hip crossbody and love it. It's beautiful. I love that brand. And while I admit that the Fallon seems similar in feel to the Balenciaga look....I still, well....love the metallic Michael Kors. It's the perfect shade of silver. It's pretty and it holds all my stuff and I just said, "scr-w it" and went back and bought it. And it was $398 plus tax, not nearly $2,000, and I wanted to treat myself to it because I had seen it on the website awhile back and wanted it then. And so I carried it to work today and I still love it and I'm wearing it with pride. I'm excited to do this reveal! So thank you. :biggrin:

I'm just curious re: your thoughts on this one. I'm interested in what people think -- not because I'm insecure about the bag itself, because I think it's really cool and pretty -- but because I wonder about people's thoughts regarding designers' being "inspired" by other designers, etc., etc., and I'm very interested in what people feel is "crossing the line." To me, this bag has enough qualities that make it its own bag....and again, the metallic color just sold me immediately. (Plus it's a crossbody!!)

Anyway, thanks so much for your thoughts and for letting me share my new Fallon!!!!

It's a beautiful handbag, and those that get all snooty snoot snooterson over the brand need bigger problems in their lives. Think Jill Zarin. Lol

You got an excellent quality bag for the money, and you love it. That's what matters! I have family members that tease me about my handbags, but I just laugh and keep buying them. Other people's opinions don't impact my decisions much. Maybe the DH since we have joint finances.