Metallic coach problem

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently purchased a signature coach that has a metallic gold handle and trim. I am worried that over time this will fade since it is a covering over the leather. Does anyone have any thoughts, pictures, or insight that they could share about this. It still has the tags on so I am debating going back to get black but black is not as cute as the gold.

I called Coach and they said it can fade over time and that it is normal wear so they would not be responsible for it. I would like to see what this fading will look like if anyone has pictures.

2. There are alot of problems with metallics flaking and rubbing off. You can do a search on here. Just type in Metallics and I am sure you will find all the threads on it. I have the metallic carly and it rubbed after only 3 uses.

3. I've had excellent luck so far with the Legacy Bridgit and Legacy Thompson Juliette, which are textured heavy metallics. Both I have used a lot. However, I carried the gunmetal Peyton (an $800 bag!) on my shoulder with little to no rubbing, and the metallic started rubbing off the back on my shirt in about 24 hours! I returned it and got the pink leather version!! I think smooth metallics are more delicate than the textured ones seem to be, but I wouldn't invest a lot of money in them. They can be resprayed from what I was told, but I don't know how much this costs. I need to find out! But I learned my lesson on the really expensive metallics with the Peyton!!

4. i had a carly with bronze trim and it faded and kinda crackled. it frayed though so i brought her in and get a pleated ergo satchel instead.