Metallic black 227 vs Vintage medium black

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I think the vintage/matte one is more timeless, but the black metallic with black hardware is really pretty as well! I don't think you can go wrong with either

prettymom

Sep 7, 2007
Thanks a lot for your replies!!

Really hard to decide... both have their own attractive points... but at this moment, I have no intention to buy them all... so, I must pick one I like most!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

prettymom

Sep 7, 2007
Thanks.

Seems most vote for Vintage. But just one thing curious, I see many gals here don't like metallic, why? not long lasting or just simply doesn't like it???

bagtasia

ONEATATIME
O.G.
Dec 20, 2007
Actually it really depends on how you want to carry it, IMO if you dress mostly in casual I believe get the vintage. If you like to dress and experiment a lot try the metallic it will go a long way and ideally can be used for day to night. If you are from the younger generation definitely get the metallic.

kyy

Nov 4, 2007
I own both the metallic reissue and vintage classic, and I love both. It depends on personal preference and what you're mainly using it for. Do you like the MM or CC lock more? Metal chain or interwoven chain?

227 metallic
Pros: Brand new, younger look, this size can hold more, good for both day and night
Cons: Expensive, "trendy" metallic

Vintage medium
Pros: LESS expensive for sure, yummy lambskin, more classic overall look, great evening bag
Cons: Holds less items, may have flaws since in preloved condition

But in the end, I get more compliments from strangers on my metallic flap. I guess it's more of a STOP! and look at me bag :rolleyes:

prettymom

Sep 7, 2007
Hi all, again thanks for dropped me some lines.

I look young though I'm not quite young, I like cute & causal look. So, in other words, seems metallic suits me more, right?! ;)