Metallic bags appropriate for summer AND fall/winter?

Feb 2, 2006
I love the look of metallic bags, but am wondering about other people's thoughts on whether you associate them more with spring/summer, or fall/winter. Or maybe even all four seasons! :biggrin:

Thanks in advance,
Kristy

Cool! I REALLY want one (dying for a bronze Bbag) but the only thing holding me back is that I had the notion that it's really only for spring/summer. No idea where I got that though!

Now, my remaining concern is -- what if the metallic trend goes out of style soon??? Maybe I worry too much.

i love metallics. i have a pewter balenciaga first and anthracite paddington. i've worn my pewter during summer and winter. can't really go wrong. the anthracite is more of a fall winter just because it's so dark. depending on the color it can be all year round.

I listed my Metallic Mauve Botkier on ebay because I thought it was only going to take me through August. I love the bag, and it's gorgeous, but I came to the conclusion I am for the most part a very nuetral Beige/Brown/Black Bag person.
Given the right outfit and occassion the bag could work fabulously but for me that occassion is a rarity.

I'm thinking of getting a really cute muted gold bag but I'm unsure if I can carry it in the summer. It's not a dark gold, but like a dusty lighter gold. I'll probably still get it, but I'm just wondering what you all think about metallic bags for summer.

61V9wP-VawL._SS75_.jpg
here's the one I am using now.