Metalic Bags...in or out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Are metallic leather bags out? I have 2 of them, 1 from botkier and one from goldenbleu. I have been trying to sell them, but no one wants them! I recently sold other non metallic bags, so I don't think that my selling technique is the issue. Also, I live in NYC and have been keeping an eye out for women with metallic bags, and haven't seen any!

Prada and Marc Jacobs have some metallic bags in their spring collections.

Metallics are in, but it may depend on the type of metallic - some women like more subtle metallics, some bolder and some not at all. It is probably easier to sell a regular leather bag because that is more versatile and appealing to more women.

I like them and have a few. I don't wear the leather one much since for some reason metallic and leather don't mix well. If you can't sell them it's probably price, in fact price is usually the reason 90% of the time.

I think metallic bags are always in (more so in winter), but will never be as popular as regular colored bags. Sometimes they come off as cheap or tacky looking and they don't look right on everyone. I also don't think they last as long, as the metallic finish on some bags seems more likely to fade/rub off.

I have some metallic bags...but they are very subtle---not really shiny. One is a deep bronze with a purple undertone and another is a beige with hints of silver. I haven't taken the plunge and bought a really bright and shiny metallic bag yet...but I do LOVE the Gustto Cala Bag in Silver Snake that is out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.