Metal Plate or Authenticity Card?

mochibabu

Sep 19, 2021
Hi everyone, as we know there has been the introduction of the new metal plate system with Chanel products replacing the authenticity cards + serial sticker inside the bag.

Just curious to hear everyone's opinion about which one they prefer and why? :biggrin:

TBH I'm looking forward to when our bags will be tied to a NFT on the blockchain!

For now, I'm okay with the new metal plate system as there is less room for fake authenticity cards/serial stickers.

Haha yes definitely. I've seen some people complain about the new metal plate that it could potentially scratch things....
I wonder how easy it is to fake the metal plate? :confused1:

Am liking the metal plate as well .. dont have to worry about losing authenticity card

I personally like both! but I do wish the metal plate is less obvious.

My authenticity cards are stored in a safe, but I still worry about losing them. I am PARANOID lol. With the metal plates, I don’t have to worry about storing or losing any more cards. It’s convenient. Although I wish the plates were flatter.

Yes, me too.. I have multiple items and keeping track of the authenticity card is quite hard.
I wanted to keep it in the original bag but sometimes I am paranoid about about losing it when I am out and about.. :doh:

I prefer the card, the plate ruins the interior of the bag for me, it's not pretty to look at and it juts out in the smaller bags, like the mini. It's not hidden like the sticker was - I would have preferred it to be less obvious and more discreet (like LV chips sewn into the bag structure). Not a fan of the plate. Chanel often does metal plates in special edition bags and they've always been flat and attractive to look at, but these are poorly designed imo.

I prefer the card, the plate ruins the interior of the bag for me, it's not pretty to look at and it juts out in the smaller bags, like the mini. It's not hidden like the sticker was - I would have preferred it to be less obvious and more discreet (like LV chips sewn into the bag structure). Not a fan of the plate. Chanel often does metal plates in special edition bags and they've always been flat and attractive to look at, but these are poorly designed imo.

Yes they stick out quite a lot, although it removes the need to remember where the cards are.

Reactions: 2manychins
I guess I never thought the cards were any big deal to begin with. Put them somewhere safe and forget about them unless you need them. With the plate I feel like there will inevitably be re-design(s) and then people with the earlier designed plate will be unhappy. You can't please everyone.

Reactions: mochibabu
I haven’t created a new thread for a long time, I guess it’s about time to create one. :biggrin:

Recently, I referred someone from Facebook to get this black classic flap card holder from a stand alone boutique. She received it with a total different format of the serial sticker and without the authenticity card. It is not the 32 series but it’s similar to the series from the new plaque that has 8-digit code that consists of letters and numbers. Her receipt and price tag show the same serial number. However, it does NOT come with the authenticity card. So it still has the serial sticker not the plaque but the series number is like the format on the plaque and no authenticity card. Have you guys seen this new format?

I told her to check with my SA and this is what she received: This is normal. Chanel has pulled back on creating authenticity cards since clients do lose them and you won't need it since we have the internal numbers inside.

She also called Chanel Customer Care and they found the item and the transaction by the serial code and her profile… so this is new that they are starting move away from the authenticity card even for the smaller SLG like card holders.;)

D3BA951B-2C55-443A-A28A-C15AF1B97B27.jpeg5699F62A-A222-4D58-BC53-D031BB1FB20F.jpegD9E9BA9B-81E5-4F7E-B037-D14248E005EB.jpeg85EC09B9-C003-4173-9A08-D53048500194.jpeg

With the authenticity card, it provides another accessory to authenticate the bag (& SLGs), the chip is hard to say, I have already seen super fakes Chanel bags that come with the new metal chip thing in the market.