Metal Heels - Tacky and Stripper-like?

rocksta

Apr 28, 2008
I have been seeing some hot pairs of shoes lately, but I just cant come around metal heels. In my town only totally classless teens walk in those or half-naked girls in clubs. IMO they look tacky, but I'd love to hear fashionistas' opinion ;) I think that matched to right clothes metal heels would look great. Any ideas?

I am thinking about buying Zanotti's Rivet sandals... I have just fallen in love with them !!

gz.png

What you think? Doesn't metal heel here look extra cool?

I think that Zanotti pair has enough class to easily avoid the tacky label ;)
But just like anything else when worn with the wrong clothing/accessories... I don't think metal heels are tacky if they are kept simple and classically styled, that way they can't really be labeled 'strippery' etc.

I don't think there's any problem with metal heels as long as the outfit you're wearing them with is stylish. This season has a lot of industrial influences to it, so shiny metal is popping up all over the place. If you don't dress like a skank, they won't look skanky at all, IMO.

I love the metal heel... with the wrong clothes, any high heel can look 'trashy'...but the shoes you posted are really pretty, strappy heels that would look beautiful with a beautful outfit.

Me thinks it depends on the design that accompanies it plus the color combo. And I agree with Voodoo, the wrong the outfit can make it look tacky. I probably would go minimalistic with a metal heel like pairing it with dark denim.

Guiseppe Zanotti shoes is not tacky at all, it's how you style it, I can understand if you're referring to some teens who are super trendy with no class at all, that can be trashy, but it's how you carry it that makes things flashy or classy, not some skanky teens, or yeah :yucky:you can spot them miles away regardless the type of clothing they wore.

To me they don't look trashy, but metal heels look a bit gimmicky to me. Certainly not timeless, IMO.

On the other hand, my closet is filled with styles that are not timeless either, and I still adore most of them.