Messy Kelly handle stitching

Well, i agree that the handle stitching look messy. The question is: does it bother you? You bought it from HERMES store thus the authenticity is guaranteed. The messy part is the bottom part of the handle, so it will not be noticable. You can also cover it with twilly. But if it bothers you, bring it to hermes store and see what can be done. Please post what hermes gonna do to it if u decide to bring it to the store. Good luck ! :smile:

Well, i agree that the handle stitching look messy. The question is: does it bother you? You bought it from HERMES store thus the authenticity is guaranteed. The messy part is the bottom part of the handle, so it will not be noticable. You can also cover it with twilly. But if it bothers you, bring it to hermes store and see what can be done. Please post what hermes gonna do to it if u decide to bring it to the store. Good luck ! :smile:

Its messy, right? But I don't mind so much as long as the handle is properly put on the bag. I don't know what happened when the craftsman is working on this Kelly, too much wine???

gosh, i have never looked under the handle of any of my kellys before! i should do that soon. this reminds me of the stitching on the two bits of the straps at the back of the birkin. some are very neat, some very untidy!

i have also seen messy stitching on a so kelly on display in a store before. it was very obvious since it was in either etoupe or gold which came with white stitching. i can't believe it passed quality control to be honest. i was new to H then but i still notice the very untidy stitching.

Chincac, please let me know when you check your Kelly handles, much interested. And yes, my Gold Kelly has the contrast stitching so I saw them right away.

You bought the bag from H store, right ? This means it has passed quality control.I am afraid this is it.

Now, about the stitching : those are typically "inside" as they are on the underneath part of the handle. As long as the top stitching is even, this can't be considered as any flaw. We all want our bags absolutely perfect, but let's face it, H craftspersons are NO LONGER trained for years... they are trained for weeks. This will not alter the life of your bag anyway.

Thank you everybody for your precious info. A Moderator has been lovely to help me out (again!!) and here goes the pic:

At first I thought the stitching was really really really bad, but when I see the pics, they add charm to the bag... sort of like irregular positioned teeth which needs braces (that's what the stitching reminded me of) but nevertheless, its a wonderful unique touch to your H Kelly!! Use it in good health!

Its messy, right? But I don't mind so much as long as the handle is properly put on the bag. I don't know what happened when the craftsman is working on this Kelly, too much wine???

Im sorry to say that it looks messy in my eyes. Rap it with twilly! It will make ur bag looks super cute and hide the messy stitching! Then, it will be PERFECT :P

Yes, the bag is handmade so perfection cannot be expected, however this level of sloppiness (should probably put in quotations) is not acceptable in an ultra premium product. No, it does not affect the external look of the bag or the structure of the bag, but it is the gentle slide into a slippery slope.

Reactions: prepster
I'm sorry to be blunt, it does look messy to me too. But as Perlerare said, it passed the Quality Control. Even if you bring it to the stores, they will say: It's hand-stitched, it can't be perfect. Unfortunately I'm talking from personal experience here.
Personally, it does nags me that for the price we pay for them, it's still not the way we want it. But what to do? .... I'm hooked! lol

Can you post a picture of the stitching on the top side of the handle? The underside is really messy-- not up to Hermes standards IMO. Sorry, I don't buy the argument that it adds charm or is part of the beauty of a handmade bag. Not when Hermes has such a strong history of near perfect hand stitched bags-- just because the bag is handstitched doesnt mean it should look like a beginner home sewing project!! If this bag were from any other manufacturer it would no doubt be considered 'irregular'. I love Hermes but it makes me sad & angry that this sort of workmanship is becoming acceptable to them.

Yes, the bag is handmade so perfection cannot be expected, however this level of sloppiness (should probably put in quotations) is not acceptable in an ultra premium product. No, it does not affect the external look of the bag or the structure of the bag, but it is the gentle slide into a slippery slope.

Agreed

although is is a bit of a comfort, knowing a human made this bag, therefore this unique stitch pattern makes it one of a kind! :smile: i'd hate for them to be machine stitched, all identical like chanel is now. just think of it like a birthmark that makes your kelly super unique :heart: