Messy Kelly handle stitching

honhon

O.G.
Jan 18, 2011
Hi members,
I remember reading somewhere about how difficult it is to make the handle for Kelly bag. I noticed that my Kelly handle stitching is way too messy. The stitching is not straight, and some are smaller than the others. I don't think I am a picky person, more of a happy go happy come, but very curious about this. I am planning to take it to H boutique to inquire, but just curious to know if anyone has a messy stitched Kelly handle? My Kelly is a 35. Thanks, hoping to read someone's or anyone's experience. If you know me from other thread, I am horrible at posting pics, its a shame....

Hi members,
I remember reading somewhere about how difficult it is to make the handle for Kelly bag. I noticed that my Kelly handle stitching is way too messy. The stitching is not straight, and some are smaller than the others. I don't think I am a picky person, more of a happy go happy come, but very curious about this. I am planning to take it to H boutique to inquire, but just curious to know if anyone has a messy stitched Kelly handle? My Kelly is a 35. Thanks, hoping to read someone's or anyone's experience. If you know me from other thread, I am horrible at posting pics, its a shame....

as it is handmade, may be it is difficult to expect regular stitchings? I just had a look at my kelly and the stitchings were not 'perfect' (in your described way) but it is perfect in my eyes.

No no, I never said PERFECT anywhere. I am very aware of hand made quality, and I deeply respect the imperfection that comes from human hand work. I have other H items and I know their hand work stitching is like. However, this is the first time I will be taking a H production to see what H would say this particular item. I didn't even think about letting it go, nor let them do the work again. I just want to know if this happens with the Kelly handle since the manufacturing is difficult (heard of). I will try to post pic.

Please post a picture-- the stitching should NOT look messy. I'm sure it can happen from time to time since the bags *are* handmade but if the stitching is really bad, Hermes should fix it free of charge. I checked my Kellys and the stitching on the handles is just as lovely as the rest of the bag.

If you are unable to post a pic, think it is a good idea to bring it to H to see
what they have to say about it..

And yes the Kelly handle is very difficult to make...when I had the handle
replaced on mine Claude told me it was a difficult task but nonetheless
it came out beautifully...

Is this a vintage bag or new??

My H kellys (most of them are 35) the handles are done very well..

Thank you everybody for your precious info. A Moderator has been lovely to help me out (again!!) and here goes the pic:

Attachments

• Handle 4.jpg
    Handle 4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,578
  • Handle 3.jpg
    Handle 3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,584
  • Handle 2.jpg
    Handle 2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,545
  • Handle 1.jpg
    Handle 1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,550
Please post a picture-- the stitching should NOT look messy. I'm sure it can happen from time to time since the bags *are* handmade but if the stitching is really bad, Hermes should fix it free of charge. I checked my Kellys and the stitching on the handles is just as lovely as the rest of the bag.

Thanks ABlovesH, I agree with you that the stitching should not be messy. Thank you for checking your Kelly babies.

If you are unable to post a pic, think it is a good idea to bring it to H to see
what they have to say about it..

And yes the Kelly handle is very difficult to make...when I had the handle
replaced on mine Claude told me it was a difficult task but nonetheless
it came out beautifully...

Is this a vintage bag or new??

My H kellys (most of them are 35) the handles are done very well..

Thanks hotshot, its a brand new Kelly 35 from Paris. Gee.

Beautiful photos- personally, I think the irregular stitches adds to the charm. I would just forget about it and enjoy your treasure.

Thanks toujours, that is what I am feeling, I haven't brought it to the store and kinda think its worthless to do so, because I don't think I am going to do anything about it. I just want to know if this happens often with Kelly handles.

gosh, i have never looked under the handle of any of my kellys before! i should do that soon. this reminds me of the stitching on the two bits of the straps at the back of the birkin. some are very neat, some very untidy!

i have also seen messy stitching on a so kelly on display in a store before. it was very obvious since it was in either etoupe or gold which came with white stitching. i can't believe it passed quality control to be honest. i was new to H then but i still notice the very untidy stitching.