Messenger strap on Hold Me

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone have one? Do you think it would work? Any other thoughts?

2. I have one - and I love it. I thought it might be a bit bulky, but the bag slouches perfectly. I use my HM more as a shoulder bag or an elbow-carry bag, but the messenger strap adds versatility. You can see a picture here - http://www.belenechandia.com/review.aspx?intId=220

3. Indiagirl how did you get a shoulder strap for your mustard hold me?

4. I have a Turquoise Sheen Hole Me from the limited leather sale with a messenger strap. While it isn't the best bag to wear messenger - I still find it a bit boxy - I love the fact that I can go hands free as I am not really a hand held bag girl and I can't do the Hold Me over my shoulder - it just feels weird and bulky.

5. Love that pebbled pearilized mustard!! I wish it wasnt dc'd. And I never thought the HM would look good messenger style til I saw this -makes me want to get one Now :sad:

6. I have a Hold Me Maxi with a Messenger strap- I use this bag mainly for traveling as a carry on- so the strap really comes in handy when needing to either be hands free or a lug other suitcases- I think it's a very worthy option - I just take it off if I don't think I'm going to be needing it, but I do more times than not.

7. Thanks everyone! Still thinking....

8. Through BEC - they offer the option.

9. Indiagirl what do you carry in your HM?? I am really close to switching a BEC WTM Messenger to a HM and wondering what it can fit on a daily basis -ie wallet, checkbook, makeup, etc. Thanks :smile:

10. #10 Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    I have both options on my Hold me..well, ever since this was possible with the messenger strap..and I must say I find myself rarely using the strap..BUT to be hands free at times this is a great feature! But ever since the outer pocket was possible through BEC'ing I have this option for sure. Then I don't need to rummage around the bag to find keys and a purse. If you want this option make sure the atalier will make it deep enough..by writing in the comments box *must fit a BE022'..or it will not be able to hold a purse, but still be deep enough for keys and sunglasses.

Ariel..sorry to butt in..but the WTMessenger cannot be compared to the Hold me!! One is more a 'bag-bag' the other more like a shopping bag..do I make sense??

Just want to add..the Hold me can hold lots..all your essentials plus some food and a cardigan..the messenger is a type of bag to wear with your essentials ( I have a make-up bag/ water bottle/ wallet/ glasses/book in it)..and when you want a slim-fit and light bag, not taking up too much space by bulking out..so to say..

11. Indiagirl..Your Mustard is gorgeous! What lining did you choose??

12. #12 Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    you make total sense Bonnie :smile: ty:smile: I always start out with my essentials then add more as my daughter and I run errands, etc, her little toys, water, etc etc change of clothes for her, etc...I can fill my Rock me if needed without batting an eye...need to join over -packers anonymous

13. Everything but the kitchen sink! It holds so much stuff - notebooks, wallet, make-up bag, novel, bottled water, mobile phone - but the best part is you can put a lot less in it and it still looks good - it slouches beautifully.

14. Thank you! It's so hardy as well - the corners get a bit worn, but I think that's because of the way the HM is built, that piping around the base. Otherwise this leather withstands all matter of dirt, water droplets - just wipe clean with a little cleanser. I chose the fuchsia lining, didn't want a light-coloured lining, and the red seemed a bit loud against the mustard, the fuchsia is perfect.

15. Oops, I misread your message - sorry! I did not get a shoulder strap, I just use the regular leather-backed handles - it feels very comfortable, now that the handles have stretched a bit. Otherwise I shorten the messenger strap and use that as a shoulder strap.