Messenger / Men's Day / Besace - confused?

KDC

miss old school Bal
O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
Hi everyone. I have never owned a Messenger bag before, however I have a chance to buy one in one of my "must get eventually" colours. It's BNWT too. I am comfortable in how I will wear it. Slung around my body, jeans, thongs, white singlet, hot summer's day, hair down and messy...I'm excited about that...If all my other bags are top-handle / shoulder strap style, do you think the messenger style is for me?

Also, this may seem like a "duh" question, but are the messenger, mens day & besace all the same?

TIA:heart:

this is my men's besace messenger...

DSCN2936.jpg

the day doesn't have a flap. but personally, i like the besace more. also, i got a REALLY good deal on this bag; $430 at barneys in nyc!!

They're all different. Here are some pictures...

Besace (from Ref Library):
739698358_41dfdf51e0_o.jpg

Men's Day (from Clubhouse):
MyBalenciagas1.jpg

Messenger (from Ref Library):
attachment.php

Go for it. As long as the strap is long enough for you to wear cross body. I'm 5'10" and the strap is too short. But it works for other ladies here. Powder posted some pics recently of her new messengers -- they're gorgeous! And yes, bersace, men's day and messenger are all different, as Jira's pics show.

I love wearing bags across my body, it's such a carefree way of carrying a bag. Until a couple of years ago I wore all my bags like this. I recently got a courier and am in love with cross body bags all over again.

What colour are you looking at?

I was looking at an 07 Aqua, but it's sold now oh well...I learned more about the messenger style bags and will be very savvy next time! Thanks everyone!