Messenger/Cross-Body Bags

She took the tags off so you couldnt return them..I BET!!!!!
Take them back.....I would NEVER GIVE HER that commission!

You know..the more I think about it...the more I realize you are right. That is totally bizarre to take the tags off!! You NEVER take the tags off until you get it home and you're 100% sure you are going to keep the item! I've NEVER had anyone take the tags off a bag before! Even no-name bags.

This is so bizarre!

I hate living in handbag Siberia. No place to shop!

Hmmm...

Just had a knock on my front door. It was FedEx delivering an envelope.

The envelope contained a letter of apology from the Sak's general manager, a receipt showing that the overcharge had been corrected and a gift card.

I am VERY surprised!

I don't know how much the gift card is for, though. lol

Hmmm...

I'm really surprised.

She took the tags off the Prada AND the Chanel card case! She even said "You don't want these, do you?" Huh? Those should have stayed on the items! Bizarre!

I tell you...it's so strange there. It's like the SAs can't be bothered to work.

I wasn't dripping in furs and diamonds but, sheesh...I was dressed nicely and carrying a nice bag (my Speedy). :shrugs:

Good for you that you wrote a complaint and the Saks manager responded promptly. I can't wait to find out how much the giftcard is worth!

I went into the Phoenix Biltmore Park Saks the other day, mainly looking for lingerie on sale. I hadn't been in the store in months, and headed first for the "Petites" department and couldn't find it. My pet peeve: department stores moving whole departments and you have to wander around and waste time looking...

I approached a SA and asked, "Where is the Petites department located now?" She proceded to give me a lecture about how they don't have Petites anymore and yak-yak-yak how they have so many designers who make clothing proportioned for petites, how easy it is to get things altered. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and put up my hand to shut her up, saying, "I don't need to hear you lecture me."

Then I walked over to lingerie, found a couple of great bargains, and discussed the Petites situation with the SA who helped me. She told me she gets constant complaints about no more Petites department and says she lives in fear they will get rid of their Plus Sizes (she was a beautifully dressed, made-up, and coifed larger-size lady), too.

My point here (to not be totally OT) is that Saks does NOT have good customer service, so don't be expecting it when you shop there.

Back to your experience with the tags. I would bet that the SA was planning to use the tags for some kind of scam where she would affix them to cheaper bags and try to return them after Xmas. Maybe with the help of a family member or friend. Why else in the world would she offer to remove the tags? Perhaps, (you said she was a cosmetics SA) she thought you were giving the bags as a gift and wanted the tags removed. But, if so, you would've wanted to keep the tags!

In Phoenix/Scottsdale there is no comparison between the customer service at Saks and at Nordstrom. Frankly, I might "shop" for bags at Saks, but I would buy from somewhere else where I could get a discount. And I would definitely have a phone conversation with the store manager about the tags business.

Congratulations on being happy with your purchase and I hope the bags perform just as you want.

Good for you that you wrote a complaint and the Saks manager responded promptly. I can't wait to find out how much the giftcard is worth!

I went into the Phoenix Biltmore Park Saks the other day, mainly looking for lingerie on sale. I hadn't been in the store in months, and headed first for the "Petites" department and couldn't find it. My pet peeve: department stores moving whole departments and you have to wander around and waste time looking...

I approached a SA and asked, "Where is the Petites department located now?" She proceded to give me a lecture about how they don't have Petites anymore and yak-yak-yak how they have so many designers who make clothing proportioned for petites, how easy it is to get things altered. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and put up my hand to shut her up, saying, "I don't need to hear you lecture me."

Then I walked over to lingerie, found a couple of great bargains, and discussed the Petites situation with the SA who helped me. She told me she gets constant complaints about no more Petites department and says she lives in fear they will get rid of their Plus Sizes (she was a beautifully dressed, made-up, and coifed larger-size lady), too.

My point here (to not be totally OT) is that Saks does NOT have good customer service, so don't be expecting it when you shop there.

Back to your experience with the tags. I would bet that the SA was planning to use the tags for some kind of scam where she would affix them to cheaper bags and try to return them after Xmas. Maybe with the help of a family member or friend. Why else in the world would she offer to remove the tags? Perhaps, (you said she was a cosmetics SA) she thought you were giving the bags as a gift and wanted the tags removed. But, if so, you would've wanted to keep the tags!

In Phoenix/Scottsdale there is no comparison between the customer service at Saks and at Nordstrom. Frankly, I might "shop" for bags at Saks, but I would buy from somewhere else where I could get a discount. And I would definitely have a phone conversation with the store manager about the tags business.

Congratulations on being happy with your purchase and I hope the bags perform just as you want.

I haven't had a chance yet to contact the manager in response to his letter.

But..while I appreciate the time he took to respond and the $50 gift card....I am still very bothered by her attempt to keep the price tags from me. You just don't do that! I am also not pleased by her not revealing she's a cosmetics SA, not handbags...until it was time to pay. I would have MUCH preferred to work with someone fromt the correct department. Not that any could be bothered to wait on me! :cursing:

So...I plan to let the manager know that I appreciate his response, however, they still need to address the issue of customer service and they need to specifically address the issue of the SA trying to keep the tags.

Perhaps they think because they are the only place in town to buy high-end bags...they don't have to provide good customer service. But I think I will take your suggestion and from now on, use them only as a place to check out the bags IRL and then do a charge-send from elsewhere.

Oh, to leave somewhere where there are actually shopping CHOICES.

Oh wow, Leah, I'm sorry that happened to you. Good for you for complaining and the gift cars is the LEAST that Saks could do. In the meantime enjoy your beautiful new bag!