Messenger Bags: Abbesses, or Other Options?

Jan 25, 2006
I'm looking for a LV bag that I can sling across my body and wear messenger style.

I know the Abbesses is designed specifically for this purpose. Do you think this bag can be carried off by a female? Or is it meant for guys only? I've tried this bag on, and I liked it more than I expected to, but I'm still on the bubble.

What other LV bags (preferably in Monogram) would you recommend for this purpose?

eyelove

night sky
Feb 23, 2006
The Abbesses isn't strictly for men. As for other options, how about the mono Reporter bag or the mono Small Reporter bag? They're also messenger-style bags. I had the small reporter bag and it looked pretty good on me.

jimmyneyugn

ohai.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2006
yes i hate my abbesses cuz it's so big and bulky. lol. but dont feel like buying a smaller one ATM.. the geant citadin is in the near future.

for girls, you guys have a lot of options! mini-monogram has a couple messengers too.. and the musette tango and salsa! those are perfect, IMO for a girl.

but yea, like the others have said: reporters, nil, pochette bosphore. all great!

hiram1389

Mar 18, 2006
I have the pochette bosophore, I use it but not too much. anyway its cool, the only thing that I dont like its that is more squared than my other bags. I also have the citadin, and i love it.

you should look for the amazone or danube, they are realy usefull, I tried the amazone at the store and it looked great into me hahaha
the danube its like the other but without the front bag.

Darienlim

Mar 28, 2006
My Pochette Bosphore was a defect one, my arms got cuts/scuffes from the sharp edges of the zipper both ends when I carry it on my shoulder.

The only problem I have with Danube and Amazone was they are just too too small. I used to have both of them but I sold them. They are just not for me.

Therefore, I sold all 3 bags I had.

D.