Messed Up CF Authenticity Code

shmumpkin

May 15, 2020
Hi ladies!

I’m new to Chanel and just purchased my new classic flap in black caviar (yay)! I’ve been on the fence about keeping it due to the insane price, but I managed to snag one from Neiman Marcus right before the anticipated price increase here in the U.S.

I hope I’m not being too nitpicky, but I noticed that the authenticity code on my new bag looks kinda messed up, which makes me think it may have been used. I also noticed that it’s from 2017-2018- is this normal?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 9446EF57-5FAC-451F-AFD2-753AFD035821.jpeg
    9446EF57-5FAC-451F-AFD2-753AFD035821.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 272
Hi ladies!

I’m new to Chanel and just purchased my new classic flap in black caviar (yay)! I’ve been on the fence about keeping it due to the insane price, but I managed to snag one from Neiman Marcus right before the anticipated price increase here in the U.S.

I hope I’m not being too nitpicky, but I noticed that the authenticity code on my new bag looks kinda messed up, which makes me think it may have been used. I also noticed that it’s from 2017-2018- is this normal?

Thanks so much!
Wouldn't really worry about it unless you plan to sell it eventually and you think that this might be an issue. Otherwise, just enjoy using it.

I'm more concerned about the number. The 25 series is about two years old. The current one should be 29 series. It just happened to my bag. I received a new untouched jumbo last Monday from a non-leased NM, but it was 27 series that is about one year old. When I asked my SA, she said that they receive whatever Chanel send them. I have a feeling that Chanel sends old classic bags to the boutiques in non-leased department stores.

I'm more concerned about the number. The 25 series is about two years old. The current one should be 29 series. It just happened to my bag. I received a new untouched jumbo last Monday from a non-leased NM, but it was 27 series that is about one year old. When I asked my SA, she said that they receive whatever Chanel send them. I have a feeling that Chanel sends old classic bags to the boutiques in non-leased department stores.
Yes, this is my concern as well! At least you have an untouched jumbo. In my initial excitement, I overlooked the fact that the dust bag has some minor makeup stains on it, the tag was not attached to the bag, and there weren’t any protective stickers on it :sad:

Despite it most likely not being a brand new bag, it does not have any other issues- aside from the quilts being flat, but I can live with that. I’ve been doing some research on the quality of the caviar by series, and it sounds like 25 series is a good one, so unless we have any issues aside from the age of our bags, we should just consider ourselves lucky? It sounds like the newer bags have mixed reviews.

This season's caviar quality (on classic flaps)

Quality wise you‘re probably better off with a slightly „older“ bag tbh..
I’m starting to come around to this conclusion! After some obsessive research last night, I realized that the reviews of the 25 series caviar leather were positive.

At first, I was a bit disappointed because I’d been drooling over pictures of beautiful caviar bags for so long, and in comparison, my caviar looked flat, dull and a bit... grey? I just took some pictures, though, and I realize it looks amazing in natural lighting, so I’m not too concerned anymore. I don’t think it’s a new bag, but it’s perfect otherwise :smile: thanks for your response!

Reactions: Swanky
Wouldn't really worry about it unless you plan to sell it eventually and you think that this might be an issue. Otherwise, just enjoy using it.

That was definitely one of my concerns- I was disappointed because I purchased a bag organizer to preserve the interior and condition of the date code, but you’re right, this is my forever bag so I will just enjoy it. Thank you!

Reactions: showgratitude
Yes, this is my concern as well! At least you have an untouched jumbo. In my initial excitement, I overlooked the fact that the dust bag has some minor makeup stains on it, the tag was not attached to the bag, and there weren’t any protective stickers on it :sad:

Despite it most likely not being a brand new bag, it does not have any other issues- aside from the quilts being flat, but I can live with that. I’ve been doing some research on the quality of the caviar by series, and it sounds like 25 series is a good one, so unless we have any issues aside from the age of our bags, we should just consider ourselves lucky? It sounds like the newer bags have mixed reviews.

This season's caviar quality (on classic flaps)
As long as you don't find anything wrong, you should keep it. As I buy more Chanel bags, I have learned to accept little imperfections. Can you share the pictures of your bag? Mine is under https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/marvelous-may-2020-acquisitions.1027643/page-8#post-33798835

As long as you don't find anything wrong, you should keep it. As I buy more Chanel bags, I have learned to accept little imperfections. Can you share the pictures of your bag? Mine is under https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/marvelous-may-2020-acquisitions.1027643/page-8#post-33798835
Yes, of course! Here she is! :smile:

Your bag is beautiful! :heart: I find that shw works better for me, since my style is very casual. Love love love the jumbo with ghw, though, it always catches my eye :nuts: enjoy it!

Attachments

• 900DC968-F7F3-44FE-971A-4BBBB6ADFF6B.jpeg
    900DC968-F7F3-44FE-971A-4BBBB6ADFF6B.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: fdc