ayla said:
That's right, don't settle for men, you're all too good for that ! And cheers to all my single girls on the board, it's awesome ! But eventually that right guy will come around, and hopefully he'll understand your addiction (and add to it ;)).

That'd be nice:biggrin: . I'm very happy with my Hermes collection right now, and if I get offered another Birkin, it's gravy:P It's like a former professor of mine once said, "It's better that 2 whole people marry each other." That way, in case one person is not well, the other is strong and can carry the load for both. Thank you, hiheels, again:heart:

rainrowan said:
mmm... maybe we should treat our SAs the same as husbands, like a b*tch! LOL j/k!!!

I demand your total undivided attention, NOW!

You call this satisfaction? NOT!
dagnabit, where's my Hermes?! I'm waiting....tap tap tap :noggin: :smash:
:lol: Yay rainrowan, !:lol:
But, Let's call it simply a... "strong guide" to our happiness;)

pr1nc355 said:
That'd be nice:biggrin: . I'm very happy with my Hermes collection right now, and if I get offered another Birkin, it's gravy:P It's like a former professor of mine once said, "It's better that 2 whole people marry each other." That way, in case one person is not well, the other is strong and can carry the load for both. Thank you, hiheels, again:heart:

i'd be happy with your hermes collection too! :roflmfao:

and i love that quote about whole people. that's perfect.

I don't think I'll ever be "one half of a couple". I'll always be myself and f#@!k anyone who thinks I'll be otherwise just for them. Besides, I wouldn't feel guilty buying Hermes if it comes from MY money that I earn or if my husband had loads of $ to spare.

So I go back into Hermes this past week and really pay attention to who's doing the buying. Again, in my store it's mostly women on the main floor where the bags are, that day it was 99% women. I still think at least 50% in my store use their own money to purchase. Maybe I'm not in the minority in my store? But when it's the men purchasing the bag, oh, the stories I wish I can tell you.

hmmmmm
may i add that, for me, a wonderful life lesson is the magical patience I am learning from the conception of a creation to me!...how long it takes is however long it takes. ...currently reading The Power of Patience!!!
angie

arcangel said:
hmmmmm
may i add that, for me, a wonderful life lesson is the magical patience I am learning from the conception of a creation to me!...how long it takes is however long it takes. ...currently reading The Power of Patience!!!
angie
And, boy, do you need patience with Hermes!

hermesgroupie said:
So I go back into Hermes this past week and really pay attention to who's doing the buying. Again, in my store it's mostly women on the main floor where the bags are, that day it was 99% women. I still think at least 50% in my store use their own money to purchase. Maybe I'm not in the minority in my store? But when it's the men purchasing the bag, oh, the stories I wish I can tell you.

If that's true, I think it's great that there are so many women in NYC who buy the bags for themselves. I also live in a big city, but I think the majority of the women who visit my local store don't buy the bags with their own money, which puts me in the really small minority. EVERY time I've seen a woman purchase anything at my local store, a man was with her, and it was him who paid. Most of the time, the man will also carry the shopping bag when they walk up and down the street visiting the other stores. The only time I've seen a woman do the paying was when I bought my sweater. What kind of stories can you tell us about the men?

You know, I never thought about this, but the above posts brought out something interesting. A lot of people don't have the money or credit to purchase $8000 bags. Perhaps this is why men get preferential treatment at Hermes, because the SAs have experienced that men are more likely to buy??? Just wondering.

I think that's very true BirkinBaby....I've actually seen it in action here in San Fran....couple comes in together, woman looks at bag, woman models bag for hubby, hubby nods and pays or shakes head and they leave empty handed.

The other scenario I've seen again and again is the single, well-dressed woman with Kelly or other bag (usually not a Birkin though...don't know why) looking at scarves or small leather goods and buying one or two of those items herself. But usually NOT a handbag.....