Message board for smart women entrepreneurs? Help, pls!

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
danceland
I LOVE tPF because the women here so smart and interesting!

A favor to ask you -
Do you know of any entrepreneurs' message boards with smart women?

I just moved to a new town far away from the old one. So I don't know any other smart, well-educated, women entrepreneurs to have coffee with / bounce ideas around with.

I've googled lots but I only find boards with people with little education, like Mary Kay gals and teenagers who want to make money making websites. And all the vendors who prey on new entrepreneurs with their Get Rich Quick books and junk. Yuck.

I think IQ is a matter of luck, an accident of birth if you will. So I honestly think highly of Mary Kay gals et al. A lot of Southern women, especially, were helped into independence by Mary Kay when my mum was very young. (You rock those pink cadillacs, ladies!) But what works for them isn't what works for me.

I happened to be lucky when I was born and went to an ivy league college. I'm already successful. I tried the local govt business counseling offices for idea bouncing but the counselors aren't very smart or experienced. (I guess that's why they are medium-pay employees instead of successful business people.)

Anyone know any entrepreneurs' message boards with smart women?

I say women because - Charles excepted of course - most mixed boards have guys who shred people. I love love love that there is no shredding or flaming on tPF.

I found a terrific online group with top artisan jewelers in it (sell to Barney's, etc).

I also found another board in a related field but they all flame each other daily so I just lurk.

I'd love to find an entrepreneurs' bd with smart people like tPF and the jewelers' board, especially for bouncing around marketing ideas.

I love being an entrepreneur but we can get too isolated. And it is silly for me to think all my ideas are good ideas. I need gals to bounce things around with.

TIA! :heart::heart::heart:

Vegas Long Legs

Traveler
Nov 13, 2006
Fellow INFP here!

Check out the Kauffmanfoundation.com

They have offices in many cities. If there is nothing on the website, email them & ask. Their whole focus/budget is entrepreneurship. Maybe they can guide you to something you'd be interested in.

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
danceland
Hi, Vegas and Redney

Thank you for the tips!

I submitted an application to 85Broads.
Wow - they want lots of resume type details just to join! But the caliber I want so I think it will be worth my time.

I'm still checking out the Kauffman site. They have one facility near me. I just need to phone them to learn about networking opportunites.

MANY THANKS Ladies! :heart: