Merry Christmas - or: Happy Holidays?

Agree to disagree. And yes, back to topic . . .

So happy you enjoyed your holiday! What did you do??? I did too! I spent Christmas Eve at the Grand Canyon and then the evening in Williams, AZ. It was the last night of the Polar Express so the Town was all about Christmas!
Believe it or not, I love Christmas! I love all of the holidays! The Santa on a zip line was was ridiculously fun! We hiked in Sedona on Christmas and then flew down to Cabo for New Years Eve! I’m extra lucky because I was raised Russian Greek Orthodox so Christmas is actually on January 7th. And I’ll be celebrating in Greece.

I've heard of Greek Orthodox but not Russian Greek what a cool mix! So is your Christmas on the 7th the similar in celebration to the 25th?

Reactions: Traminer
They never ever deny anyone needing assistance. No one EVER.

You have a serious issue with reading comprehension. In addition to me examples above:

"When a former boyfriend and I were homeless, the Salvation Army insisted we break up before they'd offer assistance. We slept on the street instead and declined to break up as they demanded."

"However, an officer told Wiley that to share a room with another woman and share a bathroom with two other women, the officer would need to know if Wiley had undergone gender-confirmation surgery. “After I said no, she said, ‘Well, that’s why we can’t give you a room,’” Wiley says."

Your memory failed. You need to go back and read I did not bring this up.

From your keyboard in regards to the SA:

Lol... why don't people who feel they aren't inclusive refuse the inclusive help they give if it is so offensive. That would be a wonderful way to protest.

So yes, you chose to take the thread in the direction of discussing the SA.

Last edited:
Reactions: clu13 and redney
I agree. The Salvation Army never turns away someone in need.

Flat out incorrect. See my post above.

Why would someone try to negate all the wonderful work they have done. They have literally saved millions of lives.

I'm not. I'm trying to illustrate that along with helping people they deem worthy, they need to be more vigilant about who they hire and what those people they hire are doing. The SA provides a lot of help to a lot of people, but they've also had a pretty blatant history of being anti gay. I will admit it seems over the past 3-5 years they're trying to change that image, but the history remains.

Reactions: clu13
You have a serious issue with reading comprehension. In addition to me examples above:

"When a former boyfriend and I were homeless, the Salvation Army insisted we break up before they'd offer assistance. We slept on the street instead and declined to break up as they demanded."

"However, an officer told Wiley that to share a room with another woman and share a bathroom with two other women, the officer would need to know if Wiley had undergone gender-confirmation surgery. “After I said no, she said, ‘Well, that’s why we can’t give you a room,’” Wiley says."

From your keyboard in regards to the SA:

So yes, you chose to take the thread in the direction of discussing the SA.

They NEVER deny assistance. If someone doesn't follow the rules any where there are consequences.

Don't quote me again unless you are on topic of this thread. You need to start another thread for your imaginary problems .

You need to read again. Apparently you have the issue with reading comprehension. If I quoted someone THEY took it in that direction.
Actually, doll. YOU brought up the SA and the assistance they provide. Still don't believe? Try to follow along this time, mmmkay?

Post #174: @Pinkpeony123 posted "Thank Goodness the Salvation Army kettle ringers still say "Merry Christmas!" - nothing about SA's aid here, correct? https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/merry-christmas-or-happy-holidays.975404/page-12#post-31907740

Post #175: I posted "Of course! The Salvation Army is a Protestant Christian organization that explicitly states its religious beliefs on its website." - again, nothing about SA's aid here either. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/merry-christmas-or-happy-holidays.975404/page-12#post-31907752

Here it is! Are you ready? :nuts:
Post #176: YOU posted "Lol... why don't people who feel they aren't inclusive refuse the inclusive help they give if it is so offensive. That would be a wonderful way to protest." Taa-daa! SA aid! :idea: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/merry-christmas-or-happy-holidays.975404/page-12#post-31907777

I then followed up re: don't think the SA would include aid denial in an annual report, then articles showing this were found and posted/discussed.

And @Charles gave only two examples where the SA refused to provide aid/assistance in the form of their services due to discriminating against individuals based on their sexual orientation or gender identification:
Charles said:

So, there we have it. :tup: Had you not brought up SA aid, that bit about SA saying MC whilst ringing donation bells in accordance with their religious policies on their website would have been the end of discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: clu13 and Charles
... is your Christmas on the 7th the similar in celebration to the 25th?

That reminds me: On the 7th of January I might be in Baden-Baden to visit the Russian-Orthodox Church there and take part in the Christmas service there. Russian Orthodox church services are very solemn and impressive!

*sing*
"Gospodi pomilui!"

Actually, doll. YOU brought up the SA and the assistance they provide. Still don't believe? Try to follow along this time, mmmkay?

Post #174: @Pinkpeony123 posted "Thank Goodness the Salvation Army kettle ringers still say "Merry Christmas!" - nothing about SA's aid here, correct? https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/merry-christmas-or-happy-holidays.975404/page-12#post-31907740

Post #175: I posted "Of course! The Salvation Army is a Protestant Christian organization that explicitly states its religious beliefs on its website." - again, nothing about SA's aid here either. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/merry-christmas-or-happy-holidays.975404/page-12#post-31907752

Here it is! Are you ready? :nuts:
Post #176: YOU posted "Lol... why don't people who feel they aren't inclusive refuse the inclusive help they give if it is so offensive. That would be a wonderful way to protest." Taa-daa! SA aid! :idea: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/merry-christmas-or-happy-holidays.975404/page-12#post-31907777

I then followed up re: don't think the SA would include aid denial in an annual report, then articles showing this were found and posted/discussed.

And @Charles gave only two examples where the SA refused to provide aid/assistance in the form of their services due to discriminating against individuals based on their sexual orientation or gender identification:

So, there we have it. :tup: Had you not brought up SA aid, that bit about SA saying MC whilst ringing donation bells in accordance with their religious policies on their website would have been the end of discussion.
YOU brought up religion and started this whole silly mess. YOU did!