Merle's Door

rella869

Oct 19, 2006
I just had to make a post. I just finished Merle's door by Ted Kerasote and am sitting here bawling my eyes out. I highly highly recommend this to all dog lovers as it gives great insight in to the life of our dogs.
that's all.

I was reading the ending in bed one night and my DH was just laughing at me crying over a book. I can't help it. I cried at the end of "Marley and Me" too. :P

I cried at the end of Marley & me as well.

When it comes to animals, especially wolves or dogs, I am very very sensitive. I looked on petfinder today and saw an older golden that is still up for adoption (its been over a year, and hes 11-12 years old) and starting crying. I wish we could take him in but we have two VERY lively dogs and I fear that the senior golden wouldn't been very happy. If anyone wants the link (btw), let me know.

Anyway, back on topic..
nothing "bad" happens in the book....but it's all about the cycle of life which is a gift so therefore I cannot say something "bad" happened...although the book had its sad and tender moments.

I think I might cry just thinking about it..

Oy...makes it worse that its almost that time of month :sad:

Merle's Door was an amazing book!! I really can't say enough. It was so interesting to read about what a dog will do with freedom and love the "hahaha" he uses to describe Merle panting! I find myself doing that to my dog now. Plus it was amazing to realize how dedicated we can become to our pets! I was a tear jerker, but also gave me a really warm feeling of satisfaction!