Menthe or Etoupe in clemence?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm going to add a bolide to my collection. I currently only have B/K in my collection(all neutrals) and I thought it would be nice to add a Bolide. My personal HG is still the Barenia Birkin (*choir singing*), but DH wants to get it for me for a really special occasion(like our anniversary). So that frees up my play money for a Bolide 31! Should I go for a Menthe Bolide or an Etoupe? If I get one in menthe, it will be preowned. If I get it in Etoupe, it will have to be new from a boutique hopefully. I can get the menthe pretty much right away, whereas the etoupe there would be some calling and searching in the boutiques. I would be open to a pop of color, but should I leave the colors for "smaller" purchases like the Pico or SLGs?

2. Oh my...Menthe for me without a doubt (as long as it is in great condition and as long as you arent still "building a base" with your SA). Menthe is a DREAM color for me.....

3. I think you should pass on both options and really go for POP!! I'm not a menthe fan but if you LOVE that color, in a bolide, it's minty delicious. How about a classic orange, or red. Most gorgeous bolide I have ever seen in pop color is Electric Blue. How about a new blue? Good luck and what fun!

4. Considering the rest of your collection are neutrals, is the Bolide a piece where you want to have that pop of colour? I would rather wait to get something I would truly love and use instead of settling for what is available right now.

5. i vote Etoupe in clemency :smile:

6. Just between those two colours, definitely Menthe as personally I think Bolide needs to be in a fun colour to make it work for me as it's a plainer bag. But I agree with others, do you like Menthe? If it's what you always wanted then go for it. Otherwise wait for the right "pop" colour to come along. GL!

7. + 1!!!!!

8. I would get Bolide in a purple! But between your two choices, I like Menthe. I like Etoupe in Birkin, Kelly, or Evelyne.

9. There's a Menthe Bolide listed on Fashionphile right now and it's TDF!!!!!!!!!! Def go for Menthe!!!

10. How often would you be able to incorporate a menthe bag in your day to day? I personally love the colour but with a bag nearly as expensive as a K I would try to choose a colour that would make it a go-to bag, or at least a non-neutral I am absolutely 100% in love with. If money isn't an issue - get them both! ;)

You can always find etoupe in almost every style - it's the black of H! Etoupe is currently all I'm seeing!

11. I did like the Menthe color in the bolide. It reminded me of mint chocolate ice cream! But I wouldn't mind other colors that pop, as long as it matched a lot of things in my closet.

12. This is great advice, thank you! I think Bolide would be a good piece to have a pop of color, I just don't know which ones I should look for.

13. Yes I saw! :biggrin: I was actually thinking of that one for the menthe bolide :smile:

14. I'm not sure, I wear a lot of blues, green, pink, burgundy, cream, pink... pretty much anything really! But that's what worries me about Menthe, will I look off wearing it? Does it clash with the outfit? I'm not sure.

15. I vote for menthe as it jazzes up an otherwise neutral bag family.