Men's watches on women?

*laura*

O.G.
Apr 6, 2010
Hi TPF I've found a Tag Heuer watch I love but it's a mens design and has a very large bezel about 48mm including winding button ...I love big watches and the design which I believe they make the same for the ladies collection with a slightly smaller bezel... I would just like some thoughts would you ladies purchase a watch from the mens collection if you liked it? or just think it would look to big and bulky like I've left the house with my boyfriends watch on :lol:
Thanks in advance :smile:

I think it is a matter of personal preference and style. For me, the Tag is an expensive watch so I would want to be sure that it is definitely my style and not a "trendy, prisoner of the moment" decision. If you have always gravitated toward a larger watch, then go for it. However, if you have traditionally gone with smaller styles, then there's no harm in thinking about it for a while more before making your final decision.

How do YOU feel about the larger size? That's the important question!

Like Kitsunegrl said, a Tag is a long-term watch and you will need to be comfortable with it even if the trend swings backwards to smaller watches on women. My personal preference is for mid-sized (in the 30 -40 mm range) watches. Not too small but not swallowing my wrist either. It also depends on whether you're petite or tall. For me, it's a matter of proportion.

Go for it if it is a size that really calls to you and you can see yourself wearing it happily for a long time.

I gravitate towards mens' watch sizes and it's kind of cute to call it a "boyfriend watch" I've been eyeing a men's diamond bulova for a while myself :smile: They have the women's version but the men's size really is a stunner.

I have a watch that I think would be considered "too big" by many here, and it wasn't cheap, but I LOVE iT and don't have a second thought on it's size. It's all about how YOU feel.

This reminds me of a famous perfumer who, when asked how to make a masculine version of a popular woman's fragrance, quipped "write Pour Homme on the label"

Anyway, I've been wearing a men's watch for the past 4 years and I'm in the camp that says to wear what you love and what looks right. Everything else is just marketing.

Love bigger watches and I'm small boned. I got very lucky and my husband stopped wearing watches. Now I have mine and all of his, that I picked out so of course I love! I don't think that it's a look that will go out of style, maybe real extreme one's, but not classic styled one's. Go for it and post pics when you get it.

48mm is absolutely gigantic, and so definitely trendy (at best, but I'm not even sure it's a trend or more truly a rare exception for women). It is very costly to invest in trend styling vs. classic, because the lifespan of that purchase is a gamble. If you have to scratch the itch of giant watches, get a less expensive variety.

I agree with Kitsunegrl ...it's a matter of personal taste. there's no right or wrong. if you have an androgynous style, for example, it would really be appropriate. If you are super girly and everything you wear is very girly and super feminine, it might not match.

i don't think there's anything wrong with a woman wearing a man's watch. some men are small and much smaller than some women and the men wear big watches, so it's not a black/white thing.

you could always get the watch and wear it when it works...you don't have to wear it 24//7

I love watches..& I love big faces.. I have both manly looking watches & dainty ones.. Personally I have two super expensive watches.. One is men's and other is women's.. I wear what I like and I like what I wear :biggrin:
Good luck& go for it if u love it