Men's Vogue article on vintage Hermes at Maxfield in L.A.

1. Thanks J!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quote from the article:

"Hermès has the ability of making an object that's totally useless, something you can't live without,"

2. oh oh oh!!! Maxfield's is like my 2nd home and OMG do i LOVE all their stock of Hermes!!!! The prices are RIDICULOUSLY marked up. to the point of inciting nausea. My SA told me about her a brand new Black Clemence 35cm Birkin with gold hardware like I have now but back then I was still looking and I got so excited I squealed I said, "I'M TAKING IT HOME TODAY!!! and she said, "You sure?? I have to make sure you know it's $19,000" :wtf::wtf::wtf:
    I said "$19,000!??? That's liek teh price of an Ostrich Birkin!! Surely you can give it to me for..ok...even $12,000 is more reasonable although you realize that bag retails for about $4k less than even that!" She shrugged and said it wasn't up to her but the price is firm. Also, prepare to spend around $30,000 for an old beat up travel Birkin that's around 55 or even 60cm. And vintage Kelly's run high too.

3. Now that's what I call patina on those bags.

4. the picture is amazing

5. Unbelievable Patina!

6. I am drooling over the pictures regardless of the outrageous prices. Loved the quote too HG -- it was the best part of the article.

7. OMG that picture!!! :drool:

8. [​IMG]
    OMG

9. I can just sniff the leather from here :upsidedown:

[​IMG]

10. *dead*

11. You're welcome Grand Fonds! I think seeing these pics of the vintage HACs will boosts the sale of the 50cm Travel Birkin to both men and women alike.

12. I think YOU'RE boosting sales yourself! I have a Visionaire on the way, thanks to you!!!!!!!

XXXXX.

You just can't turn up to the airport carrying a Travel Birkin, carrying an economy ticket and wearing tracksuit pants, though!!! LOL!!

13. ^ hahaha...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice