men's leather bags...crosby...anyone?

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
might give this a try but has anyone bought any men's coach bags for themselves or for their husbands/bfs/etc? any of the crosby line? i was wondering how the leather was....

i keep thinking that maybe the men's bags (including the bleecker legacy weekend tote in leather sported by ashley greene and another celeb on coach's site!) might be pretty durable-- maybe with more reinforced stitching/hardware for a guy who might be rougher on his bags than women?

my last purchase was a madison lindsey in teal croc (total opposite of masculine-style) which i love, but now, i have a giftcard from the bf , from xmas, and i was eyeing the bleecker legacy leather weekend tote and also some bags in the crosby collection, namely the crosby leather flap business brief (70480). it brings to mind a "schoolboy satchel" charm like one reviewer posted on coach.com, and the second review is even by a female . sort of reminds me of the su-shi old skool bag that i saw in person, but was put off by the stiff leather (not a fan of having to do the work of breaking it in) and the top handle seemed stitched on very poorly...

plus, i love the pebbled leather of the crosby and the hidden speed-buckle feature (unlike the su-shi's buckles , ugh). and this one has an all-leather x-body strap unlike a lot of the other messenger men's bags. don't know if it's too masculine but then, i never wear pants (always dresses/skirts :P ) so i dont know, i wonder if i could pull it off?

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I like the men's line for totes and I also use some if their messenger bags as handbags. The are better made and sturdier.

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
I like the men's line for totes and I also use some if their messenger bags as handbags. The are better made and sturdier.
thanks for replying and confirming what i thought!

gave my little brother his first "designer" wallet from coach for christmas as he's now in his first yr of residency (m.d.) ...he pulled out his current billfold and it resembled a "fawn" (men's leather) or maybe "saddle" (women's madison) light tan but the pressure points from where the various cards pressed against the leather were a dark brown..like a splotchy effect :wtf: that would've normally horrified me but...it looked like..."real" leather (if you know what i mean)-- meant to be used and well-loved in a carefree way :smile: i baby my bags too much (e.g., set them down on soft surfaces or sweaters, dont hang them too much to preserve the stitching in the handles/straps) but i'd like maybe a nice, pebbled men's messenger bag to be the one that i don't have to worry about as much as the teal croc!