Men's 2019 Winter RTW Collection

Well at first glance that wasn't a very exciting show - colours were even more subdued and monochromatic than typical winter collections and not much in the way of bag candy - what appeared to be the Volynka HAC, the usual Plume's and a lot of pochettes. The velvet inlaid motifs of a phoenix or similar felt a little reminiscent of Burberry...

I'll reserve final judgement for when the press pics get uploaded to Vogue, but nothing I think I'll be desperate to track down!

Vogue pics are up and I'm uninspired. Beautifully classic pieces, but nothing groundbreaking or particularly distinctive, with a disappointing lack of colour.

Any why must they insist on continuing to push bum ba... ahem...mean belt bags?

Looks 1 - 10
Look 1.jpg Look 2.jpg Look 3.jpg Look 4.jpg Look 5.jpg Look 6.jpg Look 7.jpg Look 8.jpg Look 9.jpg Look 10.jpg

Reactions: TresBeauHermes
I regret I have to agree. The still 'look' pictures appear better than the moving runway show.
Thank you for posting them.
For me the best overall look was (42). Perhaps for some that would be dull because it was co-ordinated.
An interesting tote [shearling?] (looks 13 & 37) and Bolide? (19); some interesting knitwear graphics (25 & 26, 41)

I personally did not like the shiny zips.

Reactions: FreddieMac
I’ve always found H men’s RTW rather uninspiring and this show was no exception. There are some “ok” pieces but, imo, nothing worth the hefty price tag. The 2 jackets with silver lining look nice (especially the longer one) though.
Even the models look bored!
I’ll stick to buying scarves and maybe bags...

Last edited:
[emoji44] [emoji44] [emoji44]IKEA???... it was at the “Mobilier National”. This is where the furniture of the grander French official places is stored and restored.

Thank you.
I assumed that it was a place that one should be aware of. So it is a grand* furniture warehouse then.
* of large scale AND of great importance - quite poetic