Menilmontant MM vs. Perfo Saumur 30?

bem3231

O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
Hi all...

I posted on my search for some good cross-body options yesterday. I have a daughter who is almost two and feel that I need to be hands free. One helpful tPFer suggested the Saumur 30. I looked at this in the past but discounted it due to the buckles. Then I saw it in the new turquoise perfo and thought that it was so cute. This has me reconsidering it...

I'm wondering how you think the Saumur would compare to the Menilmontant? The Menilmontant is obviously easier to get into, however that can be a pro and a con. I'm not crazy about the magnet closure on the M, actually - too easy for little hands (or ill-intentioned big hands) to get into, especially if I'm carrying the bag to the back, as I often do with cross-bodys.

I'm also wondering how they compare size-wise? At first I thought that the double compartments of the Saumur were impractical, but now I'm thinking if I could have my stuff in one compartment, and then a diaper, ziploc of wipes, etc. in the back compartment that might work out well.

One thing that bothers me about the Saumur is that there are no outside pockets for easy retrieval of phone, keys, etc. Still, I love LE bags that are a bit different, especially in Mono.

I welcome any and all thoughts and feedback - thanks!! :smile:

Im torn with that too! saumur is so pretty it caltches the eye or there is something about it color! but the M is so convenient easy access i think its big enough for baby stuff... That's what Im planning to get on Vday! the M

I have a saumur 35 and two kiddies and I have to say that the buckles are a little frustrating. Especially when one has runny or bleeding nose, needs bandaids, cell phone rings etc. where time is of the essence - they can be a little annoying. I don't do them all the way up but I still find that the straps do get in the way.

I like the Menilmontant mm. It has the compartments inside and the back zippered compartment. I like that it is a magnetic closure for quick entry. The flap on the front is large and i have seen the bag in person - it looks like a secure bag to me.

I think the Menlimontant MM would be a better option for you since you have a daughter. You will need more room for wipes and toddler stuff. Plus I personally prefer the look of the Menli because of the gorgeous pleats. :hbeat:

I'm not really a fan of flap bags at all if you need to get into them quickly. The flap just seems to get in the way. Have you considered the Bloomsbury or Odeon?

I'm not really a fan of flap bags at all if you need to get into them quickly. The flap just seems to get in the way. Have you considered the Bloomsbury or Odeon?

Thanks for the input! Yes, I've purchased an Odeon and returned it because I found the flat shape of it inconvenient. I am currently also considering the Bloomsbury, but am stuck on the size issue - the PM seems too small to me, but the GM looks disproportionately large IMO...

perfo saumur is prettier but I think the menlimontant is more functional for you

Sadly I think that you've captured it exactly... I would rather own the perfo Saumur, but I think that the Menilmontant will be much more functional, I guess... I was hoping that someone could comment on the difference in size between them?

I had a hard time choosing between the two. I ended up getting the Saumur because it's so pretty with the flash of color. Not as easy to get in to for sure. I get tons of compliments about it though. I'll probably end up getting the menilmontant later.

I had a hard time choosing between the two. I ended up getting the Saumur because it's so pretty with the flash of color. Not as easy to get in to for sure. I get tons of compliments about it though. I'll probably end up getting the menilmontant later.

Congrats on your Saumur! How do you think that they compare in terms of capacity?

Im also torn between the Perfo Saumur and Menilmontant PM. Perfo is really pretty but I prefer the magnetic closure of the Menilmontant. I'm very impatient , so Perfo Saumur's closure is a no no for me. I might tear the whole thing apart! :lol: