Mending a Broken Heart

Gracie and I thank you for all your nice words. All my dogs have been rescue dogs (usually from Animal Control), so that was the first place I looked. Gracie is getting more comfortable and secure, but it takes time after what she went through. She seems to be adjusting and overcoming her past. What do you guys think? ;)

homesweethome.jpg

Oh i think I will have to open my heart & get a new dog. Swore I would never go throught the heartbreak again but maybe I am ready to take the risk

You should give it some thought, BagAngel. We didn't think we'd want another dog, especially so soon after Sam died, but once you lock eyes with the perfect dog you'll wonder why you waited. Think of all the love you have to offer a homeless dog that only wants your love in return. :heart:

Gracie sure looks settled in and comfy! Clearly she has no more worries now that she is in her forever home! I love how you let her sleep on the sofa! We let our dogs on the furniture too....it's their house as much as ours!

Gracie looks VERRRRRY happy on your couch! (We let our dogs sleep on the furniture too. I say that's why it's called FUR-niture!)

Please continue to let us know how she is doing! I love to hear about rescue dogs--we have several too! (Including the cutie pie in my avatar.)

I'm so glad you found Gracie!

I remember being heartbroken when I lost my cat Lucky, but then we got Louis and Willie, and I honestly believe Lucky sent them to me so I wouldn't be as sad.

(Hey, look at that! Lucky and Sam are playing together!)

She is truly precious! She sits just like my boy husky...sort of wonky. LOL

I cannot even bring myself to consider the day when one of our babies goes to heaven. It makes me cry just thinking about it!

And you can never replace the one that leaves but there's always room in our hearts for additional love!!!

I posted this to another thread ("Very Sad") but after finding this one, I think my remarks are more appropriate here, so at the risk of repeating myself...

Having survived the death of all too many family pets, it's never an easy thing. We still grieve for our old dog Bear who died nearly 14 years ago. Whether it's a dog, a cat, or a hamster... they are all Gods creatures and when we bring them into our homes, they also get into our hearts. Although we still had our cats when Bear died, it took more than 8 yrs. for us to finally get another dog. Bear was so wonderful, we were sure no other dog could ever measure up. Well, now we have Princess, a beautiful pure white registered Shepherd, who lives up to her name. She can be a real pain in the $%^ sometimes, but we love her dearly. She didn't replace Bear - she's just one more member of our family. In the time since Bear died, between our grown children and ourselves, we have collectively lost 3 other dogs and 5 cats, all due to age or illness. No matter whose house they lived at, we were all affected by each and every one, yet we continue to have an abundance of pets within our clan. In spite of the heartache when they go, none of us would ever trade a moment of the time we shared with them. To all those who've lost a pet, just try to remember the great times you had together and savor those memories. Keep your heart and home open to new furry friends, as there is certainly no shortage of lovable pets who need loving families. Just look at Gracie, who helped start this thread. How could you not love that adorable creature!

She could pass for Sam's sister :yes: .Bless you for giving Gracie a loving home and may she bring you much joy in the upcoming years.Like you, I think Sam would surely approve:smile:.