Men with Birkins: what do u think??

1. i recently read this Q&A online about a guy carrying a birkin.

"Q: I recently got a Hermès Birkin bag from my mother, and I carry it to class and when I go shopping. I know it is a purse, but give me a break: It’s a Birkin. Is that okay? I have never been one to follow traditional style, and hey, I love bags!

A: Is it okay? It’s okay with me if you wear the whole Hermès spring line for women, and apparently it’d be cool with your mother, too. But there’s no way a Birkin is going to pass as a men’s accessory, even if you stick trout flies on it. Best-case scenario: You’re the best-dressed drag queen in your class. My advice is this: You can probably get a few grand for Mom’s Birkin on eBay. Convert it to a nice Hermès briefcase and you’ll have enough money left over to get your legs waxed."

would u want ur SO/DH/BF to carry a birkin too??? :shrugs: would it ok for a man to carry, say....the larger travel size birkins??

2. I think that he (and any man owning a Birkin) should send his Birkin to me - it would look much better in my arms :graucho:

3. ^Agreed :yes: .

I've been reading more and more recently about men owning birkins. Color me jealous!

4. the large travel birkin is better, when i read it i was thinking of a 30...or sumthin

5. No No No! Absolutely NO to boys with Birkins. I think the expression "feeding caviar to a donkey" springs to mind here. What is he going to put in it? No lipstick, make-up bag, spare stockings, nail polish. It'll be spanners and Landrover manuals. Well I suppose if he is going to do the make-up thin he might as well have a birkin. Otherwise, mug the so-and-so and restor the birkin to womenly territory where it belongs. And please God tell me no mother bought her boy a birkin.

6. ^^^Agreed.
    I saw one at the boutique a few weeks ago. The guy did not look a day older than twenty and was carrying a JPG croc birkin:nuts: .
    I could not take my eyes off the bag. It would have looked better in my arms:girlsigh: .

7. I think a guy would look better with a BIG HAC or a BIG Birkin. Definitely 45cm up for the Birkin.

8. i know bryanboy has a gold birkin, but then again....he's not really a "guy" LOL :lol: :lol:

9. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: OK...THIS cracked me up! Have to agree although I DO like a welll-dressed man carrying a nice, big, broken-in Kelly! Kinda ......sexy in an odd sort of way.....

10. NO. If my honey ever carried a birkin it would not be cool with me. Sorry, but I just don't think a man should carry any size birkin.

11. Oh, no. Ug. The only thing I want to see my man wearing is a suit.

12. If my man wears a birkin, it better at least be from MY closet!!! But then he would be competing w/ me to wear it....unless he gets me more!!! Whateva, as long as my man gets me more birkins & kellys, he can wear one!!! Wait... I change my mind!! Hells No!! He CAN STILL get me the Birkins though!!!:lol: :graucho: :tender:

13. The only time I want to see a man with a birkin in his hand is when he is walking towards me, holding it out with a loving look and a bunch of roses in the other hand. That I could tolerate!

14. ^ Amen to that!
    Mine would rather have a root canal than carry a Birkin.!!

15. Depends on the man...some can really pull it off!

I would rather my man carry mine for me when I am busy (shopping, getting out of the car etc....kind of sexy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice