Men with Bags

123siah

YouTube FrozenLuxury
Jan 7, 2014
I use many bags in my collection and switch my bags daily, I love vintage bags and can go from Chanel to Vuitton to Coach on any given day. I run into this on almost a daily basis, people who stare or chuckle at me while I use a handbag. I don't understand what the big deal is? I made a video about this on YouTube because a young boy around 9 or 10 asked his Mother at Starbucks why I had a big brown bag (borough bag) I heard him ask her, she turned to me and chuckled and walked over to her husband who then looked at me and chuckled. I've got thick skin but I was so upset that the mother didn't turn this into something positive or a learning situation, she could have asked me with her son or just told him the everyone is different, etc........what are your thoughts?

Cultures and concepts or what is appropriate or normal vary. In Hong Kong, I saw a man carry a silver LV Speedy Miroir and a lot of other designer bags had also found their way on mens' arms and shoulders. I have to admit that was a bit baffling, to see a man hold a shiny silver bag as if it was something you see at every street corner. Was kinda hot. Mind you, I have yet to see another Miroir live anywhere or carried by anyone, male or female...

Even up here men carry handbags and it's no big deal FOR THE CIVILIZED PART OF THE PEOPLE. The family you had to encounter was probably one of those who aren't exactly very strongly on the trend map if you know what I mean...for them, the only acceptable "man bag" might = a scruffy backpack or even - heaven forbid - a nylon messenger bag. Everything else outside the box may be above their ability to comprehend.

I think it's really nice to see guys with cool bags (still can't get over how lovely a male friend's Celine Cabas tote was) and carrying them with pride. :yes:

I saw a man with a lovely well worn mulberry the other day and it was HOT! He looked great with it, more guys should carry bags. I'd rather a guy carried a nice bag than ruined the pockets of his suit with loads of crap.

I say do your thing and freakin OWN IT. Seriously. It's 2014. Twenty-four-teeeeen! Who gives a sh-t what people think? You rock this planet one time, honey. Might as well do it the way you want to.

Cultures and concepts or what is appropriate or normal vary. In Hong Kong, I saw a man carry a silver LV Speedy Miroir and a lot of other designer bags had also found their way on mens' arms and shoulders. I have to admit that was a bit baffling, to see a man hold a shiny silver bag as if it was something you see at every street corner. Was kinda hot. Mind you, I have yet to see another Miroir live anywhere or carried by anyone, male or female...

Even up here men carry handbags and it's no big deal FOR THE CIVILIZED PART OF THE PEOPLE. The family you had to encounter was probably one of those who aren't exactly very strongly on the trend map if you know what I mean...for them, the only acceptable "man bag" might = a scruffy backpack or even - heaven forbid - a nylon messenger bag. Everything else outside the box may be above their ability to comprehend.

I think it's really nice to see guys with cool bags (still can't get over how lovely a male friend's Celine Cabas tote was) and carrying them with pride. :yes:

Your so right!!! I would also gasp then droll to see a mirror speedy in person!!!

I say do your thing and freakin OWN IT. Seriously. It's 2014. Twenty-four-teeeeen! Who gives a sh-t what people think? You rock this planet one time, honey. Might as well do it the way you want to.

Yes!!! Like I said I have thick skin and I love amazing designer bags and I rock them, I was just taken back that a mother wouldn't teach the right thing to her child.

Yes!!! Like I said I have thick skin and I love amazing designer bags and I rock them, I was just taken back that a mother wouldn't teach the right thing to her child.

I have a ten year old daughter and I would be mortified if she acted like that child did! Though I'm hoping I've brought her up better than that.

I think it depends where you live, in Toronto I see loads of men and teenage boys with bags, including handheld styles like LV Speedy.

When I travel to other parts of Canada or the US, in many places I rarely or never see a male with a bag other than a computer bag. But in a lot of places I don't see any other women with designer bags either!

I wish my husband would carry one, he stuffs more into his pockets than I carry in my bag and I think it would be a lot more convenient for him (plus look nicer) if he just put it all in a bag.

A strange incident. If they find a man carrying a bag (a classic-looking, brown leather bag at that!) humourous or peculiar, one can only assume that they're not experienced very much in life.

I think it might be a cultural thing. In my country (Philippines) men normally use messenger type bags or computer bags or backpack or some crossbody bags. But when I visited Japan, particularly Tokyo, I was in a way surprised to see a lot of working men carry tote bags that men in my country wouldn't carry.

And regardless, the mother should not have acted the way she did. In this day and age, people should be open-minded and less judgmental.

I love seeing men with bags, there used to be this young guy who rode the bus with me (public transit) and I would oogle at his bag collection everyday, LV, Balenciaga, Prada dude rocked his bags as I assume you do as well! I have also seen men carrying Speedies, and other bags and I love it! Rock what you love and rock it well, as long as your happy that is all that matters.

I also commented on and really liked your video :smile: