Men with Bags

You're right, she should have taken the opportunity to turn it into a learning experience. But would I even give a second glance to a man carrying a bag? Only to check it out and see if I liked it :biggrin:

I love seeing men with bags, there used to be this young guy who rode the bus with me (public transit) and I would oogle at his bag collection everyday, LV, Balenciaga, Prada dude rocked his bags as I assume you do as well! I have also seen men carrying Speedies, and other bags and I love it! Rock what you love and rock it well, as long as your happy that is all that matters.

I also commented on and really liked your video :smile:

I know I always check out other guys bags! There are two other guys that work in the same mall I do and they both have BIRKINS and I always think to myself...I better step my game up!

YouTube FROZEN LUXURY!

In my area, I only see men with backpacks or briefcases. Don't recall ever seeing one with a handbag. I guess it is a regional/cultural thing like has been said?
Agree. It's not common at all in most parts of the US for a man to carry a handbag. My husband stopped wanting to go into coach with me because the brand was (unsuccessfully) trying to make men accessories a thing and the sa would pester him about it. From the child's perspective, he was just curious. The mom was gross to laugh and point.

Agree. It's not common at all in most parts of the US for a man to carry a handbag. My husband stopped wanting to go into coach with me because the brand was (unsuccessfully) trying to make men accessories a thing and the sa would pester him about it. From the child's perspective, he was just curious. The mom was gross to laugh and point.

I guess traveling as much as I do and working in many different malls I get to see different parts of the u.s. And it's trends and fashions, as of now I'm working at the Mall of America, Midwest at its best. The child was just asking an innocent question and yes the Mother was just gross.

YouTube FROZEN LUXURY!

You're right, she should have taken the opportunity to turn it into a learning experience. But would I even give a second glance to a man carrying a bag? Only to check it out and see if I liked it :biggrin:

Exactly......I really think men ought to carry bags. It would look much better than bulging pockets on their trousers.

Its definitely a cultural and regional thing. I live and working in Hong Kong but originally I am from Manila. These two cities are entirely different when it come for "men with bag" issue. Manila is very conservative while Hong Kong is more like fashion forward but regardless of my location I always rocking my handbags no matter what. As a guy that's obsess with handbags I received countless insult or ridiculous questions about it. It do sometimes affects me especially if a family member ridicule my own style but you know what in the end of the day is my money, i work hard for it & is my own happiness so I don't care what they want to say. Just rock it and never mind those people.

Its definitely a cultural and regional thing. I live and working in Hong Kong but originally I am from Manila. These two cities are entirely different when it come for "men with bag" issue. Manila is very conservative while Hong Kong is more like fashion forward but regardless of my location I always rocking my handbags no matter what. As a guy that's obsess with handbags I received countless insult or ridiculous questions about it. It do sometimes affects me especially if a family member ridicule my own style but you know what in the end of the day is my money, i work hard for it & is my own happiness so I don't care what they want to say. Just rock it and never mind those people.

Yup, I'll keep rocking all of my bags!!! #menwithbags

YouTube FROZEN LUXURY!

I just watched your video (and a few of your other ones) and I would seriously love to be your friend. You seem sweet and very in vogue and know how to rock a bow tie. For real.
Regarding the mom/son/father incident: Some people are ignorant. I hate the word "ignorant" and I don't use it often, but that's what these adults were. As a high school teacher, I've become used to having kids in my classes, meeting their parents at Back to School Night, and thinking quietly "ahh, so that's who he/she gets (insert aggravating trait) from."
All joking aside, the situation you experienced is upsetting because it COULD have been a learning moment for the child. Kids learn how to make fun of others, how to judge others, how to be racist, homophobic, etc. Then by the time they get to high school, we teachers go nuts trying to "unteach" them the incorrect or nasty beliefs they learned growing up. It's awful, and it's why so many teens are depressed, because they think if they're "different" in any way that there is something "wrong" with them. :sad:
Keep making your videos. Keep wearing your bags. I think you're fantastic.

People mock what they dont understand. Its a shame but it happens.

I think there is nothing sexier than a man who can rock a bag with confidence.

I will Youtube you later, Im at work right now but if the dickie is a starter, im in for a real treat!! You look fab!

Stay fabulous!

I just watched your video (and a few of your other ones) and I would seriously love to be your friend. You seem sweet and very in vogue and know how to rock a bow tie. For real.

Regarding the mom/son/father incident: Some people are ignorant. I hate the word "ignorant" and I don't use it often, but that's what these adults were. As a high school teacher, I've become used to having kids in my classes, meeting their parents at Back to School Night, and thinking quietly "ahh, so that's who he/she gets (insert aggravating trait) from."

All joking aside, the situation you experienced is upsetting because it COULD have been a learning moment for the child. Kids learn how to make fun of others, how to judge others, how to be racist, homophobic, etc. Then by the time they get to high school, we teachers go nuts trying to "unteach" them the incorrect or nasty beliefs they learned growing up. It's awful, and it's why so many teens are depressed, because they think if they're "different" in any way that there is something "wrong" with them. :sad:

Keep making your videos. Keep wearing your bags. I think you're fantastic.

Thank you so so so so much! I do love my bow ties! I'll always rock a sick bag and keep my head up, I guess growing up in Hawaii has given me such a different view on things, we are very laid back and things don't worry us as much so that's why I was like, what's the big deal and how can you not teach your child what's right and wrong!

YouTube FROZEN LUXURY!

People mock what they dont understand. Its a shame but it happens.

I think there is nothing sexier than a man who can rock a bag with confidence.

I will Youtube you later, Im at work right now but if the dickie is a starter, im in for a real treat!! You look fab!

Stay fabulous!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

YouTube FROZEN LUXURY!

I made a video about this on YouTube because a young boy around 9 or 10 asked his Mother at Starbucks why I had a big brown bag (borough bag) I heard him ask her, she turned to me and chuckled and walked over to her husband who then looked at me and chuckled. I've got thick skin but I was so upset that the mother didn't turn this into something positive or a learning situation, she could have asked me with her son or just told him the everyone is different, etc........what are your thoughts?

I'm sorry you had to deal with a narrow-minded mother. I'm a teacher in a private elementary school and being just 1 of 2 teachers (the other being female) who buys branded bags, parents took notice.

However, most of these parents are very respectful and open minded and have taught these attitudes to their children. It's unfortunate that narrow-minded mother chose to mock you, rather than turn it into a positive learning experience. No matter how much we teach and encourage respect and tolerance in the classroom, parents can undo all that once their children get home.