Men with 90 silk scarf?

HKsai

Jul 24, 2016
I recently bought my mom the Della Cavalleria Favolosa scarf 90 and I’m in love with the print itself. I’m debating if I want to get one for myself. I also like the Gucci kingsnake scarf. I own a Hermes 140 men shawl and I’m looking for something smaller. I also like silk because it doesn’t make me itchy. I’m wondering if there’s a certain pattern/color of the women 90 silk scarf that you guys recommend for guys or should I just get the Gucci one? TIA

Attachments

• 471F61A0-19A7-49BB-BC97-3A401E011205.png
    471F61A0-19A7-49BB-BC97-3A401E011205.png
    590.3 KB · Views: 311
I am a man and find most Hermes 90s to be pretty gender-free. I actually prefer these to the men's selection as they have a wider range of CWs to choose from. The blue tones are particularly appealing. Having said that, I own about 30 in various CWs and have no intention on stopping there... Rumour has it that the next season will feature a lot of greens (olive/chartreuse...) which I cannot wait to see IRL.
If it helps, from the SS18 season, I got: the DCF you mentioned as well as Sea Surf & Fun, Jeu des Omnibus Remix, Robe du Soir, Maison des Oiseaux Parleurs, Grand Prix du Faubourg and a CSGM Parures de Samourais. Pictures were posted in various threads on this site.
H produces designs to suit most tastes, including the classic ''equestrian world inspired'' to more abstract ones by artists such as Nigel Peake.
Men are usually more limited in the way they can wear their scarves. I usually go for the cowboy knot.
I like the snake pattern on the Gucci scarf but really resent the logo background. I also avoid LV for the same reason.
If you can, I would definitely visit an H store to see what's still on offer and try these on rather than buy on line. Be warned though, they become very addictive!!

Have you seen the 'caducee rock tie and dye' (100cm 100%silk) in the mens collection? I just got one in blue and it looks very nice. A bit more understated than the Gucci you like.

https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/caducee-rock-tie-and-dye-scarf-100-H112927Tv20/

Got this one as well. Caducée Rock is the only design I own 2 versions of: the tie & dye pictured here and the 100 CS. The later is a very practical size and perfect for cooler days when a GMCS would be too much. As these are both from previous seasons, they might be harder to find in store though.

I think some of the carres on the so-called women's section are completely gender neutral, Della Cavalleria Favolosa among them, Ndop another, and many of the Tatouage.

BTW, women deplete the stock for themselves in the Men's dept so it's only right you raid theirs.

BTW, Gucci's silks scarves are very good quality (I have about 10) classic and iconic. They're not as stiff as H when you first get them (H silk (hand) washes to the same softness).

What colors, patterns, themes do you gravitate towards. I typically like monochromatic-geometric, or regal-baroque, indigenous, cosmic/celestial.. For colors I generally lean towards black, bright saturated primary & secondary colors, brown and earthy tones.

Do you have a preference on any details that could help narrow things down a little? Otherwise my suggestions might feel a little arbitrary.

Here's my modest collection, none are current as I'm mostly a vintage 2nd hand shopper.

28962315948_1774086bc5_b.jpg

Thanks everyone!!! Every single time I post on the Hermes, people have been incredible informative, nice and helpful.

I am a man and find most Hermes 90s to be pretty gender-free. I actually prefer these to the men's selection as they have a wider range of CWs to choose from. The blue tones are particularly appealing. Having said that, I own about 30 in various CWs and have no intention on stopping there... Rumour has it that the next season will feature a lot of greens (olive/chartreuse...) which I cannot wait to see IRL.
If it helps, from the SS18 season, I got: the DCF you mentioned as well as Sea Surf & Fun, Jeu des Omnibus Remix, Robe du Soir, Maison des Oiseaux Parleurs, Grand Prix du Faubourg and a CSGM Parures de Samourais. Pictures were posted in various threads on this site.
H produces designs to suit most tastes, including the classic ''equestrian world inspired'' to more abstract ones by artists such as Nigel Peake.
Men are usually more limited in the way they can wear their scarves. I usually go for the cowboy knot.
I like the snake pattern on the Gucci scarf but really resent the logo background. I also avoid LV for the same reason.
If you can, I would definitely visit an H store to see what's still on offer and try these on rather than buy on line. Be warned though, they become very addictive!!

I’m looking at Grand Prix du Faubourg. Do you have a colorway that you recommend???

Have you seen the 'caducee rock tie and dye' (100cm 100%silk) in the mens collection? I just got one in blue and it looks very nice. A bit more understated than the Gucci you like.

https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/caducee-rock-tie-and-dye-scarf-100-H112927Tv20/

Do I see snake???? I love snakes (not in real life but on scarf or jewelries.

What colors, patterns, themes do you gravitate towards. I typically like monochromatic-geometric, or regal-baroque, indigenous, cosmic/celestial.. For colors I generally lean towards black, bright saturated primary & secondary colors, brown and earthy tones.

Do you have a preference on any details that could help narrow things down a little? Otherwise my suggestions might feel a little arbitrary.

Here's my modest collection, none are current as I'm mostly a vintage 2nd hand shopper.

28962315948_1774086bc5_b.jpg

Haha I think we are the opposite :P I love Blue or most cooler colors. I love animals or creatures (even feather). Love Phoenix, dragon, snake, Jaguars/pretty much any type of cats or simply horses.

Thanks everyone!!! Every single time I post on the Hermes, people have been incredible informative, nice and helpful.

I’m looking at Grand Prix du Faubourg. Do you have a colorway that you recommend???.
I got 08 (orange skies) which I regretted buying.
Should have gone for 15 (bright blue skies) which I passed on only because it reminded me too much to my « les bains » from the same artist but a previous season.
11 is also a nice option.

I got 08 (orange skies) which I regretted buying.
Should have gone for 15 (bright blue skies) which I passed on only because it reminded me too much to my « les bains » from the same artist but a previous season.
11 is also a nice option.
Another stupid question...how do I check the cw# on the website? :S

I think that many patterns for women's scarves are suitable for men (once a scarf is folded the pattern is barely visible anyway). For me, what makes it more masculine or feminine is the color scheme. A scarf with many bright colors will look more feminine. A scarf with a more monochromatic look or with only 2-3 colors will look more unisex (here I count many shades of blue for example as one color). Most scarves marketed to men by H follow this pattern and they tend to feature more subdued colors as well.

Reactions: allanrvj
I like all of these which are currently available on the US site.
Della Cavalleria Favolosa:
Della Cavalleria Favolosa.jpeg
Ex-Libris:
Ex Libris.jpeg
Jeu Des Omnibus Remix:
Jeu Des Omnibus Remix.jpeg
Robe du soir:
Robe du soir.jpeg
Le Grand Prix Du Faubourg:
Le Grand Prix Du Faubourg.jpeg
Etude Pour Une Parure de Gala:
Etude Pour Une Parure de Gala.jpeg