Men & Jewellery Your Opinion/Help Wanted

Lenfer

c'est les autres
Apr 22, 2014
Down and out in Paris
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I turn 25 this week... :crybaby:

A lovely young lady with whom I have become close friends has bought me some jewellery for my birthday. I don't know what she has bought me all I know is it's jewellery of some kind.

I wear cufflinks and watches etc but I'm unsure that I would wear a bracelet or something like that.

I have no problem with other men doing so I just don't think it's for me but given the effort, time and money she has spent on the gift I don't want to reject it nor do I want to waste it by not using it.

I don't have friends as such on the forum but from what I've read your opinions mean a lot to me. I'd be grateful if you'd share your opinion on men wearing jewellery. :smile:

Any advice you could give me on my little problem would be most welcome, thank you for your time.

Best Wishes,

L x

LoveBracelet

Oct 22, 2011
What kind of jewelry is it? Silver, gold, leather, large, small, famous brand, custom jewelry?
Try first to wear them at home, you will find out rapidly, if you like them and are willing to wear them more often.

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Well, Lenfer...you have good taste, you picked the lovely Audrey Hepburn as your avatar!
That said, you have a bit of a dilemma. On the one hand you want to feel comfortable wearing jewelry...on the other hand you don't want to offend your lady friend. Wait to see what it is and then make your decision.
But, keep us posted!

Caz71

Oct 1, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Look forward to seeing yr gift.

I like bracelets on a guy. Maybe its the Love bracelet??? ;)

You definitely come to the right place, lots of lovely ladies to help u

Sep 23, 2005
Australia
My hubby wore a silver cuff for years too; arm jewellery looks great on guys! So do rings & pendants IMO. Wear your gift with pride and joy!

Lenfer

c'est les autres
Apr 22, 2014
Down and out in Paris
Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply. I got my gift(s) today I was quite embarrassed as she gave me them over launch in front of the whole restaurant. :blush:

She gave me a bracelet similar to the one below. Sorry I can't take pictures of my own yet, my camera is out on loan to a friend at the moment and I don't use mobile telephones.

Cartier-Bracelet-in-Rose-Gold_1_WEBSPECS1.jpg

I love it but I'm not sure I can pull it off, I don't know if it's "me".

She also bought me a gorgeous watch...

3738_6.jpg

&

A lovely scarf from Loro Piana so all in all I feel quite spoiled. :smile:

I can't dare return the bracelet so I'll keep it but I'd be interested to hear more opinions on men and jewellery.

I just feel self-conscious about wearing bracelets etc I feel they shout "LOOK AT ME" and I don't like that.​

Thanks for your time.

Best Wishes

L x

Love4H

Jul 26, 2012
Nice friends you have there! :biggrin:

And I think I'm generous when I give my boyfriend a perfum for his birthday, lol.

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
Why not be honest?? Honesty is #1 with me.

Some men are not comfortable wearing jewelry, same as some women. Some people only wear their wedding ring and nothing else. My husband only wore his ring when we went out someplace dressy. My mother never wore any jewelry at all, not even her wedding ring.

Tell her you appreciate the gifts, thank her for her generosity and explain how you really feel.
It sounds like you would like to keep the watch and scarf, so tell her you'd love to keep those. If you feel you won't wear the bracelet, give it back so she can return it. If the bracelet is gold, it was quite expensive and it would be a shame to let that money go to waste sitting in a drawer. Plus you'd feel forced to wear it or make excuses for not wearing it.

Lenfer

c'est les autres
Apr 22, 2014
Down and out in Paris
Why not be honest?? Honesty is #1 with me.

Some men are not comfortable wearing jewelry, same as some women. Some people only wear their wedding ring and nothing else. My husband only wore his ring when we went out someplace dressy. My mother never wore any jewelry at all, not even her wedding ring.

Tell her you appreciate the gifts, thank her for her generosity and explain how you really feel.
It sounds like you would like to keep the watch and scarf, so tell her you'd love to keep those. If you feel you won't wear the bracelet, give it back so she can return it. If the bracelet is gold, it was quite expensive and it would be a shame to let that money go to waste sitting in a drawer. Plus you'd feel forced to wear it or make excuses for not wearing it.
Thank you I am in agreement I think I will do that even though I am worried about hurting her feelings. Thank you for your comment. :smile:

Best Wishes,

L x