Men don't cry: I think it's a myth

Hmmm... DH has teared twice in the 6 years I've been with him. Once when the All Blacks lost to the Wallabies! I was in shock, - it's a freakin' sports team. And once when we were in a huge argument. He was very angry with himself for tearing up.

holly798g said:
I'd say it's a myth too. I've seen my husband cry, but not very often. Only when we got married and a couple times when we got in big fights--it made me feel better. Lol, that sounds mean but sometimes when we are fighting I feel like he is just blank--like he doesn't care what I have to say or something, but when he cries I know that he actually cares and is affected by whatever it is we're fighting about.

I know exactly what you mean ;).

My DH cried recently after watching "sisterhood of the traveling pants" and "in her shoes"...He says it must be because he has two daughters that movies about girls tear him up!! I think it's sweet!!:love:

my bf cried on our first official date as gf/bf.. he was just so happy I guess that I am a part of his life.. then almost 7 yrs later, he still says, "I never cried.. ever.." of course, I remind him of the night that he cried as we talked over the phone regarding our first date and he just says, "Oh, I was just so tired.. hehe since then, he has cried several times, typically if we have a fight and he knows he cant make me change my mind..

My husband cried when we had to put our dog to sleep due to cancer. I think he's done so once before then as well... but probably 3 times in 7 years. Not exactly pod-like, but I'm on the side of the fence that sometimes you need a good cry.

I haven't seen my boyfriend cry in the five and a half years we've been dating. I couldn't handle it if he did. I don't like sensitive guys, it's a total turn off. To me the only acceptable reasons for a guy to are the death of a loved one or a pet. Other than that, suck it up and be a man.

My SO doesn't cry. He says he "cries inside," and cried inside when his father passed away years ago. It kind of bothers me that he didn't cry when his father passed away.

jc2239 said:
i've seen my boyfriend of 5 years cry 1-2 times i think........but i'd prefer that he didn't....i know women are supposed to love sensitive men, and i'm all for sensitivity, but i really can't stand it when men cry.....i find it really really irritating and tend to snap at them....i guess that makes me mean :Push:

I'm the same way. Sometimes my boyfriend cries and I know I should feel guilty but I just roll my eyes. He cries when we're in those "about to break up" sounding fights.

My DH can push them back pretty good. I only saw him tear up once before we were married and that was after I had broken up w/ him and we had met for dinner. We hugged goodbye and he was verklempt. Other times were very understandable, our wedding, birth of our children, daugter's first day of montessori.
It's endearing, I mean, they're human too.
Now, if he was more emotional than I was. . . .I wouldn't love that!
But if he NEVER cried, I'd wonder what the temp of his blood was. KWIM?

jillybean307 said:
To me the only acceptable reasons for a guy to are the death of a loved one or a pet. Other than that, suck it up and be a man.

:P Agree. Death of a loved one or a pet, or kids' milestones, or a breakup/divorce, or winning the PowerBall/MegaMillions. :lol: :lol:

I dunno. It doesn't bother me that my BF cries at times. It's all for good reason but he cries more than other guys. He's a very sensitive and thoughtful guy. I'd take him over a guy that I'd only see cry 1-2 times in the past 5 years or so. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't cry all the time or anything like that.

I am the girlfriend who cries about everything and my bf is wonderful about it...I heard him cry once on the phone, and I saw him cry really briefly once, but that means that I've cried about 80,000 times to his twice...haha. It didn't bother me at all, though.
I'm hispanic. we cry. it isn't a big deal.