men carrying Lv speedy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the lovely thing about have the freedom of speech is we can say what we want. We don't always have to sugar coat things. This isn't a perfect world and never will be. Wear a womens bag thats fine don't expect everyone to accept your choice. Whether that be a straight man carrying a purse or a gay man carrying a purse. If you spend so much time defending your choices it sounds more like an internal battle of continuously having to give rhyme or reason for your decisions.

If an open ended question like this is asked everyone should have expected different views to come up. Just because we don't have "culture" doesn't necessarily mean we are wrong. In some cultures being a feminine guy is highly frowned upon and those individuals are ostracised if not damned because of their cultural beliefs. Using others "cultural beliefs" as a scapegoat is a way of showing you aren't comfortable in your own skin so you find a way to attach yourself to something else for that approval.

If you are a guy rocking that Watercolor Speedy awesome, just know that there will be whispers and pointing fingers ALWAYS.

The baby in your pic is really ugly. I love freedom of speech.

Lol. with the way fashion is going, there won't be much place left for this type of view in the coming years. Each time I go to the fashion shows in milan and florence the clothing is becoming more and more androgynous to the point that some lines are simply unisex.

Im a gay man i think I wear a bag every day no matter what the same could be said for the woman who wear sweats are over wieght and carry a speedy 25 the looks like it went to hell and came back.
mynytripwithmybbf016.jpg

OMG this thread is crazy honestly I dont think a straight guy would carry a womans bag I know gay men who think im crazy for carrying a bag nevermind straight why is everyone getting mad at something that is true if you have a bag its a 99.9 chance that your gay

We need to look at the underlying issues of misogyny here and gender expression. The distinctions between inanimate objects of material culture like shoes and clothes and such are entirely arbitrary. There's nothing inherently female about a bag. What we should be concerned with is the negative association i see here between male-ness and femininity as if the two are mutually exclusive and that exhibiting behavior considered feminine somehow makes one less of a man.

Also, if you're gay, you're gay. neither is superior to the other, so why should anyone care if they're read as gay by a stranger? Just saying.

Elements of this discussion are absolutely ridiculous. A bag is just a bag - whether LV or whatever brand markets it towards women or men. If it suits your needs, buy and carry whatever you like.

No one says a thing when a woman carries a bag from the men's line. And neither they should... but I don't think it should be any different when the situation is reversed.

The manager of my 'local' LV store actually made a comment to me when I expressed interest in buying a Zippy Compact Wallet, because it's sold as a women's wallet. It wasn't on sale at the time but there is now one in Graphite that is almost identical!

Also, I must add that while it is obviously very often the case that a man carrying a very feminine bag (I wouldn't classify the Speedy as this type of bag, in any canvas or leather - its shape is not feminine at all, IMO) is gay, where I live PLENTY of men carry bags - totes, messengers, satchels etc. I'm certain most of them are not gay. I'm gay, but if I wasn't I think I can safely say I'd still feel able to use a bag of some description rather than walking around with my coat pockets bulging (yuck!).

Too many people behaving badly. . . . no need to continue this.
Some folks need to please review our rules, we don't allow people to personally attack one another.

:closed:

Status
Not open for further replies.