Men and Coach!!!!

dawnqueenb69

Feb 9, 2006
I know alot of you lucky girls have DH'S and BF's that buy you Coach.. Every year my Bf has me write a list for my BD or Christmas of what I want..Well, where's the fun in that, theres no Surprise. I guess my question is. How do I get him to just buy me Coach instead of me giving him a list. Don't get me wrong, he's great about shopping for me, but I've only recently started buying Coach again! I don't request bags at all either because I have 3 and thats enough for me, but I'm into Key Fobs, Wristlets, etc.(Accessories)...I don't know I just wanted to hear some ideas on getting him to go on his own with no list.. Any tips would be really helpful..Thanks :smile:

Oh that's awesome that he's asking you for a list! It means that he wants to get you exactly what you want, not fumble and get it wrong. When I want something specific I give my BF the style number, name, color etc. As much as we want our guys to know us in and out, sometimes our likes and dislikes can be inconsistent, and it's easy to make a wrong guess. Giving them a list may take the spontaneity out of gift giving, but it also makes them feel safer and more sure. Guys hate to be wrong or screw up and this prevents that :smile:

But if you do want to forgo the list, try circling things you like in the catalogue or just telling him straight up that you want him to surprise you, and that if you don't like what he picks, he can take you out and be with you when you pick something out. (Also see all the different goodies you oggle so he knows what else you like.)

Oh that's awesome that he's asking you for a list! It means that he wants to get you exactly what you want, not fumble and get it wrong. When I want something specific I give my BF the style number, name, color etc. As much as we want our guys to know us in and out, sometimes our likes and dislikes can be inconsistent, and it's easy to make a wrong guess. Giving them a list may take the spontaneity out of gift giving, but it also makes them feel safer and more sure. Guys hate to be wrong or screw up and this prevents that :smile:

But if you do want to forgo the list, try circling things you like in the catalogue or just telling him straight up that you want him to surprise you, and that if you don't like what he picks, he can take you out and be with you when you pick something out. (Also see all the different goodies you oggle so he knows what else you like.)
Everything you say is so true. I guess I didn't see it that way, he probably does want to make sure he gets something that I want instead of something I may not like.. Yeah he says I'm hard to buy for but not when it comes to Coach....Thank you:smile:

Just for fun.. email him pics of what you want. If he doesn't have email text the details. If he doesn't have text then snail mail him pics even if he lives with you. Nothin' wrong with makin' it fun..:P

I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprises, but I'm also really picky and have a hard time telling someone I'm not happy with what they got me. Then I feel like I cant return because I told them I loved it. So, I have made it easy on my husband, I point things out specifically to him that I like, e-mail things to him, or make him lists. I'm happy, he's happy because I'm happy, everybody's happy. :drinkup: