Memphis wallet?

alliemia

love shopping!!!
O.G.
Jun 18, 2008
Does this exist? I just got the black memphis pouchette and love it, and would also like a zip clutch or wallet if there is one in this line. I looked on Marc Jacobs website but don't see one, so I'm thinking maybe it wasn't made in a wallet. anyone know?

thanks

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
^i was just gonna post that auction.. :yes:
i heard they're not making the memphis wallet for the spring/summer collection but they'll do it for fall.. no stores, not even the boutique carries the memphis wallet.. the auction above is from an awesome tpf member that bought it on ebay.. it's authentic.. and so far, that's the only wallet we've seen from the memphis line..

you should post picture of your pochette alliemia!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Originally, there were supposed to be several SLGs, including a small wallet, a Zip Clutch, a Lg Zip Wallet as well as the Pouchettes -- early on, I found out that they didn't make the Lg Zip Wallet so I was waiting for the boutiques to get the ZCs and Pouchettes (I wanted one in Beige). I got an email about a week ago from my SA at the MJ store and found out that the boutiques did not order either the ZCs or the Pouchettes (and they didn't make the small wallet either).

I don't know who is carrying the ZCs -- someone must somewhere since there's the one on ebay, but the original seller won't reveal where she got it from and so far that's the only one we've seen.

As for the pouchettes, a few Bloomie's, Barneys & eLuxury are all carrying them but only in red or black. Originally, it was supposed to come in a bunch of colors (you can see the original SLGs and colors in the Reference thread - Post #s 11 & 12: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs-reference-library/spring-summer-2009-styles-colors-prices-423159.html#post9715772)

The good news is that supposedly they ARE going to have the ZCs and wallets for fall/winter!!

Last edited:

alliemia

love shopping!!!
O.G.
Jun 18, 2008
oh great thanks. maybe i'll just plan to buy one for fall/winter.

i did see the purple pouchette at bloomies, but it sold quick. like you said above, all i see now are red and black.

hoping for that wallet fall/winter. that will be something nice to save for.

i'm going to take pouchette photos soon. just having trouble charging my camera.

thanks!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
here's the pics that nala posted. in case anyone wants to try, they're from the MJ store in Dubai (Tel: +971 4 2326118) -- nala said that they're more $$ there, but I wonder if it might convert to a little less for US buyers (is the price in US dollars? do they have a VAT?)

Picture070.jpg

Nala-DXB

ALAFM <3
Jan 9, 2009
here's the pics that nala posted. in case anyone wants to try, they're from the MJ store in Dubai (Tel: +971 4 2326118) -- nala said that they're more $$ there, but I wonder if it might convert to a little less for US buyers (is the price in US dollars? do they have a VAT?)

the price is not in US dollars, but when you convert it to US $ it gets out to be more expensive than what u pay in the US. and no, we dont have VAT, on the contrary i believe if u buy an item from here and u want it shipped then you have to pay for your VAT when the item reaches you, right? so that would make it even more expensive!
I usually buy my designer stuff from london, for example the same LV bag would cost me $500+ less in london than in dubai