memoirs of a geisha

I read the book and thought it was fantastic but I have yet to see the movie. I am afraid I won't like it. I read Le Divorce and In Her Shoes prior to seeing the movies and was disappointed because the books were so much better. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

i read the book a few years back; it's a really good book. haven't seen the movie yet. like dianagrace, i get disappointed in movie versions of books, 'cause yeah, it's impossible to include every detail of a book in a movie.

I just saw this movie on DVD Monday night, my video always puts out the movies before the actual release date though. I loved the book, the movie was good too but I would have liked it more I think if I hadn't read the book

book was great, read it a few years ago. i haven't seen the movie yet, am waiting for the dvd as well. the scenes look amazingly shot from photography point of view. however i'm sure i'll be disappointed with the acting and dialogue. that part got bad reviews.

loved the book...movie was eh. i went with friends whi hadn't read the book and they liked it better than i did. gorgeusly shot, but i felt the left out a lot of important things taht really gave insight into who she was and why she made the decisions she did.

course i tend to alwys love the book more than movies.

I've never read the book and thought the movie was good. Not WOW good but good. I tend to prefer watchign the movie first then reading the books cause the movies don't look as bad to me as it would if I were to do it the other way around.

sayhitoromes said:
I just saw this movie on DVD Monday night, my video always puts out the movies before the actual release date though. I loved the book, the movie was good too but I would have liked it more I think if I hadn't read the book

me too...i think i would have liked the movie better if i hadn't read the book first.