Meltonian Leather Cream

Fahrina

Chanel Cat?
Aug 27, 2010
Hi there, ladies!
I just could'nt get this out of my head... Needed to ask if anyone of you have used the black meltonian leather cream (that's in the jar) on your black lambskin? I have a black vintage jumbo that looks slightly faded... Was thinking giving it a try.... I know other TPFer's have used delicate or neutrals... But was wondering if the black would have a better effect on improving the color of the black lambskin? Was wondering too about the texture of the lambskin, how do you find it afterwards?

I have only used the delicate on my black lambskins (and beige), but I have used the white on a white vintage mini, so I would think it would be the same using black on your vintage jumbo. I didn't feel a difference with the vintage mini, but to be sure, you should test it on an inconspicuous part of the bag first to make sure.

tutushopper said:
I have only used the delicate on my black lambskins (and beige), but I have used the white on a white vintage mini, so I would think it would be the same using black on your vintage jumbo. I didn't feel a difference with the vintage mini, but to be sure, you should test it on an inconspicuous part of the bag first to make sure.

Thanks for the input! :smile: was wondering how was your beige lambskin? Does the hue remain the same or slightly darker? Do you pretreat the bag with cadillac leather lotion?

Thanks for the input! :smile: was wondering how was your beige lambskin? Does the hue remain the same or slightly darker? Do you pretreat the bag with cadillac leather lotion?

I have only used the meltonian; I have not pretreated any of my bags, and I've not yet used the cadillac lotion. I've only used the meltonian on my lambskin bags. It didn't darken the beige (I used the delicate on that one). It looked slightly darker but when it dried it was the same as it was before. :smile:

Hi there, ladies!
I just could'nt get this out of my head... Needed to ask if anyone of you have used the black meltonian leather cream (that's in the jar) on your black lambskin? I have a black vintage jumbo that looks slightly faded... Was thinking giving it a try.... I know other TPFer's have used delicate or neutrals... But was wondering if the black would have a better effect on improving the color of the black lambskin? Was wondering too about the texture of the lambskin, how do you find it afterwards?

I've used the dark navy meltonian leather cream on my navy lambskin camera bag that has scuffs on the corner and it worked great. It was a perfect color match and I was able to improve the look of the bag, especially the corners where a bit of the color had worn off. The texture of my bag had not changed.

I find meltonian conditioner (the one in a white bottle) and the cadillac lotion both serve similar purpose in pre-treatment of my bags. I can't say one is better than the other as I've used both to treat my Chanels. HTH!:smile:

I've used the dark navy meltonian leather cream on my navy lambskin camera bag that has scuffs on the corner and it worked great. It was a perfect color match and I was able to improve the look of the bag, especially the corners where a bit of the color had worn off. The texture of my bag had not changed.

I find meltonian conditioner (the one in a white bottle) and the cadillac lotion both serve similar purpose in pre-treatment of my bags. I can't say one is better than the other as I've used both to treat my Chanels. HTH!:smile:

Thanks for sharing!!! :biggrin: It is a relief to know you had a great experience using these products! Now I can do it too :graucho:

Does all meltonian cream come in small jars? That kind of reminds me of the very strong smelling stuff. Is this strong smelling?

I think they do come in small jars since small amount is required each time you use it... I made a mistake of buying the neutral instead of the delicate suggested by most TPFers... neutral does smell pretty strong but after usage the smell goes away.... to my relief... ;) I'm not sure about the smell of the delicate since I don't have it....

Hi there, ladies!

You and I are in exactly the same predicament! Except I got myself into this mess by using more products on my vintage lambskin jumbo than I should have - including meltonian delicate - which I really don't recommend for making your chanel more vibrant and 'blacker' which is what I'm after. Interested to see if anyone has tried using the black colour of the creams to add colour back into a fading vintage… wish I could just send it to chanel but I'm in Sydney and that service isn't offered at all. There's a place called My Bag Spa in Melbourne but it has such mixed reviews I'm not willing to trust them with such an expensive bag!

Hi :smile: would you say that the same effect might be reached with using the black then? I might give it a shot as I'd really like to intensify the black of my vintage LS jumbo. Have you had any problems with the navy rubbing off/transfer? Thank you!

You and I are in exactly the same predicament! Except I got myself into this mess by using more products on my vintage lambskin jumbo than I should have - including meltonian delicate - which I really don't recommend for making your chanel more vibrant and 'blacker' which is what I'm after. Interested to see if anyone has tried using the black colour of the creams to add colour back into a fading vintage… wish I could just send it to chanel but I'm in Sydney and that service isn't offered at all. There's a place called My Bag Spa in Melbourne but it has such mixed reviews I'm not willing to trust them with such an expensive bag!

I have just received this gorgeous vintage jumbo that was faded due to long term sun exposure... the bag seemed quite unused since the quilts was puffy (with minimal wrinkle) and the bag's structure was still stiff. The bag also had quite a scratch at the middle of the back pocket as you can see below... I knew what I was getting into and I had a clear intention of doing a DIY restoration myself on the bag using leather creams/lotions I got by suggestion of TPFers and some that I got from the mall...
This is the before pics of the Vintage Chanel Jumbo that is faded compared to my Vintage Maxi (was not treated at all)... both in black lambskin....
You can see how faded the leather the jumbo was that it seems to be dark brown instead of black...

Attachments

• IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,567
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 2,560
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 2,563
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 2,544
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 2,547
These are the products I manage to get my hands on... I went a bit overboard on these leather products... :P
I manage to get the cadillac (thanks for suggesting, Z!) and metonian from ebay, but I made the mistake of getting neutral for the meltonian instead of delicate which was suggested by other TPFers who have used this product before. Since I was too lazy to get more from ebay and wait weeks for it, I decided to shop at KLCC and just seek out other brands. I wanted black leather cream so I manage to find WOLY brand in black. It turned out to be far nicer smelling than meltonian and it was black... cool! I also manage to get other leather shine products but I loved Kiwi Express Shine the most since the other two products from Wool turned out to be very sticky after application... I did'nt like it at all....
I know we are supposed to be on the thread on meltonian but I'm gonna stray to another brand ---> Woly and use it on my bag instead....

Attachments

• IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,509
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 2,523
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 2,527
  • IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 2,549
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 2,563
Last edited:
I did my bag yesterday night... first I cleaned the bag with Cadillac lotion first after that I applied the Woly black leather cream to the whole outer part of the bag except the straps...It was quite impressive to see the color restored and the scratch at the back pocket improved a lot and no longer obvious.. . after leaving it overnight.. I applied Kiwi Express Shine just now for a nice subtle shine.... the texture of the leather was pretty much the same (which was awesome!) :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,591
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 2,524
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,502
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG