Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner Review*!

OP - i would suggest you wait longer, it sometimes takes a few days to dry out. and i wouldn't put anymore conditioner on it now... otherwise the color might get darker.

Also, check with Barb at Lovin My Bags. She restored a vintage orange lambskin for me. She found the original color and restored it, it didn't look like it had been dipped in dye or anything, and it was still soft.

tenshix, i'm sorry to see your bag in this state. Beige lambskin is very difficult to handle. I'd used a little too much meltonian on mine too and the colour darkened, but luckily it's just a tiny spot in the corner. Hope LMB can help you restore the bag. Good Luck!

Thank you for all the support girls, I really appreciate it. :cry: I feel foolish since I probably should have made sure I tested out a small spot before buffing out the whole bag.. Instead of cleaning it, I just made it worse!

scorpchris19, did the darkened spot ever clear up or fade over time? I'm looking into LMB now, if the spots don't disappear in a few days I hope LMB can help me restore it! :wondering

bagasaurus where did you purchase the Apple conditioner? And did you ever restore the darkened beige lambskin?

I got it from leatherstuff.com. This is the conditioner. I have used it on both vintage and newer (08) beige lambskin. The vintage had brownish stains, and the 08 had 3 tiny black spots. All gone!

The cleaner is perhaps too strong but I have also used it with no ill-effects on a black vintage that has some kind of yellow color transfer. Not sure about the effects of the cleaner on beige.

It looks like you used a bit too much of the conditioner. Lambskin soaks in that stuff pretty quickly! Did you use a more porous cloth or a sponge (which would've taken away the excess conditioner)? Oh dear. I agree with the other posters, looks like the bag needs professional treatment.
It's not the lambskin necessarily, it's the beige colour.

I had a vintage beige Bottega Veneta bag that happened to and it was a pebbly calf. I tried everything to get what looked like an oil stain out... it darkened the leather and nothing got it out.

I use and abuse spme of my black lambskin bags and nothing seems to happen to them.

It the colour, not the leather. IMO

Last edited:
The darkened spot on my beige lambskin did not fade over time.

I agree with Jayne1, it could be beige colour because other tpfers have used meltonian on their lambskin and it turned out fine.

Or could be we used a little too much and buffed too much because the lambskin is very very delicate?

scorpchris19, did the darkened spot ever clear up or fade over time? I'm looking into LMB now, if the spots don't disappear in a few days I hope LMB can help me restore it! :wondering

It's not the lambskin necessarily, it's the beige colour.

I had a vintage beige Bottega Veneta bag that happened to and it was a pebbly calf. I tried everything to get what looked like an oil stain out... it darkened the leather and nothing got it out.

I use and abuse spme of my black lambskin bags and nothing seems to happen to them.

It the colour, not the leather. IMO

Attachments

• DSC00656.JPG
    DSC00656.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,135