Melting of the glazing on an empriente piece?

I'm so glad to hear you were able to get a replacement. :tup: And I'm glad it won't be a problem with my Montaigne, since the color (Marine Rouge) is a le, so if it melts, say, in 6 months, I'd be out of luck. :frown: Fingers crossed, but we never get really hot weather here, so I'm guessing I'll be okay.

I'm sure you're ok!! I heard the leather is better now. I believe it! Here's my replacement. I'm very happy!![emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
IMG_1479780187.387085.jpg

Reactions: ElainePG
I encountered the same problem and a quick Google brought me to here. My Marais was purchased Mar15 and when I took it out to use last month, I was shocked to see my dustbag stained with black sticky stuff. My hands and arms were stained when I tried to carry the bag.
Fortunately, some of you recommended bringing the bag back the to boutique to assess, I was given a 1 to 1 exchange and have since gotten myself a Pallas Clutch and Retiro. Sad about the loss of Marais as it has been discontinued but happy with my new bags.
Service of LV is simply excellent, no question asked.

Glad your ladies had the issue resolved. I also have the similar experience now for both speedy and marais. Took the two bag back to the local store. the staff took some photos sending to the company in my country for the check, but she kept saying 1.my bags were bought very long ago ( one is 3 years, the other one is 2 years) and 2. the warranty has been expired (6 months warranty). Still wait for the feedback from the main but quite unhappy with the quality and service. Wonder if you have gone through similar procedures?

Attachments

• IMG_6382.JPG
    IMG_6382.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_6383.JPG
    IMG_6383.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_6388.JPG
    IMG_6388.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_6389.JPG
    IMG_6389.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_6394.JPG
    IMG_6394.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_6395.JPG
    IMG_6395.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_6396.JPG
    IMG_6396.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 555
Glad your ladies had the issue resolved. I also have the similar experience now for both speedy and marais. Took the two bag back to the local store. the staff took some photos sending to the company in my country for the check, but she kept saying 1.my bags were bought very long ago ( one is 3 years, the other one is 2 years) and 2. the warranty has been expired (6 months warranty). Still wait for the feedback from the main but quite unhappy with the quality and service. Wonder if you have gone through similar procedures?
I had the same problem with my Speedy Aurore. I had it for 3 years but used it not more than 10 times. I had it in its dustbag in my closet, no humidity or heat. I took the bag to the store they took pictures and sent them to France and they shipped the bag to France as it was accepted for repairs. They had the handles, charm and strap all changed for free. I received the bag after two months brand new.

I had the same problem with my Speedy Aurore. I had it for 3 years but used it not more than 10 times. I had it in its dustbag in my closet, no humidity or heat. I took the bag to the store they took pictures and sent them to France and they shipped the bag to France as it was accepted for repairs. They had the handles, charm and strap all changed for free. I received the bag after two months brand new.
Mine was also around 3 yrs old when I took her in but they immediately offered to repair free of charge once they got the proof of purchase. I hope your situation will turn out ok.

Hi ladies, thank you for the replies! I just got an update today from the SA. They offer me the store credit for the marais as the line has been discontinued. Now just waiting for the feedback for the speedy...

I have a question for you ladies... this is my first post! I bought a Speedy B 25 in Infini Empriente Leather pre-loved off of Vestiere Collective a few months back. It was my first LV purchase! It was barely used, and honestly looked like brand new to me. With it being my first bag, I didn't know exactly what to look for, but after doing some research I've realized the glazing on the handles has melted in some spots! I do have the original receipt (it was purchased in Paris in 2015), so what is my best option here? I feel like it has gone too long to send it back to Vestiere (even though it wasn't disclosed) and I'm not sure how the Louis Vuitton store will handle it since A) the Infini color is no longer available B) it is a few years old & C) I was not the original owner (although I was hoping I could pull it off as a gift if need be since I have the receipt). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!

I have a question for you ladies... this is my first post! I bought a Speedy B 25 in Infini Empriente Leather pre-loved off of Vestiere Collective a few months back. It was my first LV purchase! It was barely used, and honestly looked like brand new to me. With it being my first bag, I didn't know exactly what to look for, but after doing some research I've realized the glazing on the handles has melted in some spots! I do have the original receipt (it was purchased in Paris in 2015), so what is my best option here? I feel like it has gone too long to send it back to Vestiere (even though it wasn't disclosed) and I'm not sure how the Louis Vuitton store will handle it since A) the Infini color is no longer available B) it is a few years old & C) I was not the original owner (although I was hoping I could pull it off as a gift if need be since I have the receipt). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Hello and welcome to the forum!
I bought my Speedy 25 Emp Aurore in 2012 and last summer I realized the glazing on the handles and on the strap had melted. I took it back to LV and they sent it to France, put new handles (not glazing) and new strap. They also replaced the leather charm with the keys. I got it back two months later free of charge. Even if the color is discontinued they do accept repairs. And they know very well about the glazing since it has been a problem with Emp bags. I would suggest to go at the closest LV store to you with your receipt because if you claim it was a gift still you should have the gift receipt or they will look it up in their system, so it is better to have the original receipt. I hope it works for you as it worked for me! Please do update us. Good luck!

I'm wondering does this just happen eventually? Mine was bought from 2015 and seems fine so far, but after reading a few posts I'm beginning to wonder if this is just inevitable...

I'm wondering does this just happen eventually? Mine was bought from 2015 and seems fine so far, but after reading a few posts I'm beginning to wonder if this is just inevitable...
There is a possibility that they changed the material of the glazing because the new glazing is much harder than the previous one which you could dent with your finger nail. So hopefully yours will be fine.

Reactions: Kitty157
There is a possibility that they changed the material of the glazing because the new glazing is much harder than the previous one which you could dent with your finger nail. So hopefully yours will be fine.

Thxs for ur response. Keeping my fingers crossed! The glazing does seem strong, although during storage I rested the handles against the zipper and it made indentations. Other than that though it seems ok.

Just sharing.
I bought an empriente Montaigne in 3rd quarter of 2014 at Paris. Early of 2015, i noticed the glazing started to melt ( while my other lv bags dont hv this issue although i stay in Malaysia, forever summer here [emoji846]). Finally i went to LV store in my country and got a new replacement without any questioning at end of 2015. My friend who bought another bag around same time with me had same issue and got a replacement too.

Hope this help a bit.
Just sharing.
I bought an empriente Montaigne in 3rd quarter of 2014 at Paris. Early of 2015, i noticed the glazing started to melt ( while my other lv bags dont hv this issue although i stay in Malaysia, forever summer here [emoji846]). Finally i went to LV store in my country and got a new replacement without any questioning at end of 2015. My friend who bought another bag around same time with me had same issue and got a replacement too.

Hope this help a bit.

Hi dear,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Im also facing the same problem. I bought mine in 2015 in Paris, but living in Malaysia. Just use it once early 2016 & kept it in dustbag & wardrobe and never use it since then. I just noticed it recently. Now, its been 2+ years, is it possible to get replacement like you did? They replaced that defected area or they give you exchange? May I know which SA you met? Thanks in advance.