melting makeup

Dec 29, 2006
I have really greasy skin all the time, but it turns into an utter grease pit in the summer and all my makeup feels like it just melts off my skin. It's not like I wear a lot of makeup - I fill in my brows, clear mascara, brown eyeshadow.

Anyone know anything that may help?

Firstly, to help regulate sebum production, I swear by SK-II Facial Clear Solution. I've used this for a few weeks, and it really does help with the sebum regulation.

Then, I usually apply Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion on my nose and cheeks to help control the oil.

Always apply a primer before applying your make-up. Try Laura Mercier Primer.

Hope this helps!

[vogue];2797793 said:
Firstly, to help regulate sebum production, I swear by SK-II Facial Clear Solution. I've used this for a few weeks, and it really does help with the sebum regulation.

Then, I usually apply Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion on my nose and cheeks to help control the oil.

Always apply a primer before applying your make-up. Try Laura Mercier Primer.

Hope this helps!
How much and where can I get?

Erm, I don't know how it'll work out in your currency.

SK-II = S$ 96 from duty free in Singapore
Dermalogica = £20 (approx.)
Laura Mercier = £29 (approx)

Sorry, can't be much help on this one.

Get stay-put makeup! L'Oreal foundation (the one with the red cap) works well, and so does Revlon foundation with "Soft-flex". Also use a good powder to set it and make it last longer. I use 16-hour Revlon eyeliner and Lancome waterproof Effacernes undereye concealer.

Get stay-put makeup! L'Oreal foundation (the one with the red cap) works well, and so does Revlon foundation with "Soft-flex". Also use a good powder to set it and make it last longer. I use 16-hour Revlon eyeliner and Lancome waterproof Effacernes undereye concealer.
Is there a stay-put eyeshadow? I use it to fill in my brows - even if I have no other makeup on, I ALWAYS fill them in...I don't feel complete unless I do. I started using shadow for that because it's less melty than pencil brown liner.