Melted PU (i think) stuck on Tory Burch Amanda. Help please!

minx891

Apr 24, 2015
Clutch was against a PU leather chair in hot weather and a part of it stained the bag. Can i get it off myself or do i need professional help?

Attachments

• 2017-05-28 01.27.22 1.jpg
    2017-05-28 01.27.22 1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 307
Clutch was against a PU leather chair in hot weather and a part of it stained the bag. Can i get it off myself or do i need professional help?
Possibly try something that will condition and clean without damaging the leather. I've used Leather CPR on a Reva and small Robinson crossbody. Not sure if it will take it out, but it did lift dirt off the others. You can pick up a bottle at Bed Bath and Beyond for $15.

Reactions: minx891
Eek! That looks pretty bad. I don't think I would chance it. Take it to a leather repair shop and see what they suggest. That's sickening. I hate when stuff like this happens. I had the same thing happen to one of my bags, except it was a shopping bag that was up against my purse and the print from the bag transferred to it. Ugh! Good luck... I hope you're able to get it off.

Okay don't gasp but.... I've had this exact same thing happen & I used the lesser % alcohol (I think 71% or something like that) and it wiped right off! The sooner you get it off the better because it tends to seep in further and further into the leather. And when you wipe it, do NOT rub or the color of your bag could come off with it! Just do 1 smooth wipe across with the cloth only slightly damp with the alcohol. Good luck girlfriend!!!!!!

Okay don't gasp but.... I've had this exact same thing happen & I used the lesser % alcohol (I think 71% or something like that) and it wiped right off! The sooner you get it off the better because it tends to seep in further and further into the leather. And when you wipe it, do NOT rub or the color of your bag could come off with it! Just do 1 smooth wipe across with the cloth only slightly damp with the alcohol. Good luck girlfriend!!!!!!

You're brave, woman! I was too afraid to do that. Ended up taking it to the professionals. It cost me quite a bit, but its okay. I have my bag back!

Thanks @monleal @rtydlacka @geraldine.rmg !!