meltdown

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone.

i dont even know if this is the right place. i figure this some what has to do with my health?

today i am on the verge of a major melt down. I am usually in a pretty good mood, and a happy person. Today, i dont know what has gotten into me. I am so sensitive, every little thing is pissing me off and upsetting me.. I either want to scream or cry. I have almost started to cry 4x today. I am NOT myself. i dont know whats wrong with me. I am literally counting the minute til i go home so i can break down and cry. I cant even describe how i feel right now

2. Oh dear. First and foremost, a virtual hug! (Yes, I'm a stranger but tPF bonds us in a way, I suppose).

Now, take some really deep breathes.

I have this thing called the "third row" (in honor of my birth control pills). I am quite often close to being a wreck on that week. VERY sensitive, very mopey, easily agitated. I am aware of this and manage it the best I can. My friends all know about it and they even made me stickers "Be nice to me. I'm on the third row."

I bring this up because you could be having a major hormone flux. And then are the contributing factors:
    January is just so BLAH.! It's grey and cold and a let down after the buzz of the holidays.
    You might be dehydrated. Are you drinking enough water?
    You're exhausted. Are you sleeping well?

Dear, I think this is a day where you lean in and be sad and promise to tend to your gentle spirit -- tonight and for the next few days.

3. The last time I felt that way there was a local shooting that affected our community a lot. I am convinced that is what I felt, even before it happened and before I heard about it. Sometimes there is just some bad energy in the air that you pick up on. I think some people are very intuitive and don't admit it.

It could have to do with nutrition and/or not getting outside enough or inactivity. After you "let it out", think about eating a super nutritious meal (I like salmon and cooked spinach and warm bread and butter for the calories :P), going for a walk outside, maybe doing your favorite workout at home or going to a yoga class.

4. First, big huge hugs.

We all get down at times. Even the most bouncy, energetic of us. It's hard when you are in the middle, but try and know mentally, it will end. I do agree that it might be hormonal.

Easier said than done, but try and be kind to yourself, drink plenty of fluids, get rest...and maybe even try and do something nice for someone else....really, it works. When you take the focus of oneself, it actually allows the over thinking to stop.

Good luck and vent away if it helps :smile:

5. Thank you all for being so kind, and making me smile. It is greatly appreciated. Today is a new day and I don't feel any better. I cried yesterday when i got home and went straight to bed (around 7:30). I havent had an appetite really, i am so unmotivated, and just plain down. I don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything. My mom is afraid i am going into depression. I have honestly not felt this way before.

i am always exhausted, i try to sleep.. some days i get a lot of sleep. over days i am unable to sleep at all. I just feel like crawling into my bed under the covers and not leaving. everything in my life is going okay, i have everyday normal stress but nothing more than the usual person. I am sorry for venting i'm just scared. I don't know what is going on with me..

6. If it persists, you should probably see a doctor and get checked out physically.

Be sure to eat the uber-nutritious meal. Good food can really help if that is part of the problem. The cooked spinach I suggested (3 cups of fresh spinach boiled with onions and seasoned salt) plus protein (there's something about a big ol' piece of salmon that works magic) plus some carbs to fill your tummy - that really turns me around when I am physically down (which affects the emotions too). If you can't get salmon, try eggs. Get some protein and extra doses of vitamins into your body.

7. thank you, I will try this tonight. i do love salmon. I think I will schedule an appt with my Dr. aswell.

8. Gentle hugs for you. I've gone through periods like this but it's always been related to something that is happening in my life. It is scary though when you don't feel like yourself. A check-up at the doctor is a good idea.

I hope you are feeling better soon..

9. :hugs: Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

10. :hugs:

I agree with Jesssh suggestion of something healthy to eat. Don't wait for dinner, go get a smoothie with some protein in it or just a fresh piece of fruit, something sunny and bright.

I do get blue periods, but I know mine are almost always hormonal and only last 2-3 days. I am glad you are considering a doctor; if this persists more than a few days, that it is probably wise. In the meantime, we're here to offer an ear, a shoulder and a hug.

Be kind to yourself and others, you never know who is doing their best on a bad day, as well...know what I mean?

11. you are so kind thank you! i'm glad i came on here

12. Many people get seasonal depression in the winter due to lack of sunlight. My sister has a special lamp that is made for this and uses it in the winter. Can you spend 15 minutes sitting outside in the sun or by a sunny window? Also perhaps try to pamper yourself with bubble baths and nice lotions. Listen to soft relaxing music as a background versus the TV. Vitamins, eating well and staying hydrated helps and limit the caffeine.
    Hugs.
    A doctor's visit might help. :smile:

13. I am an hormonal wreck every 3rd month a few days before my period comes. *Hugs* just try to be nice to yourself (have that piece of chocolate if you want it) and try to get enough rest.

14. Could you be pregnant?