Melrose or Alma MM Vernis for First LV?

Sharkbait

Schumi Obsessed
Sep 2, 2007
Hi Ladies (I'm visiting from the CL and Hermes forum!)

I'm thinking of venturing into the world of LV. (I have no LV at all!) I've been eyeing the Vernis line and am debating between the Alma MM and Melrose in either Blue Nuit or Amarante.

Do you any of you have both, and which do you prefer? Why? Also, I don't live anyplace where I could try these on, so I'd have to order online. Which do you think is more versatile?

I'm sort of stumped here, so I thought I'd come to the experts!

Thanks so much!

I can only speak for the Alma MM....I have it in Pomme D'Amour. It is a great size and of all my LV's, this one receives the most compliments. I'd go with the Bleu Nuit only because Amarante shows fingerprints but LV provides a cleaning cloth for this.
Sorry, but I think the Melrose Avenue looks like a briefcase more than a handbag.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. :smile:

I had the same worry with the Melrose, but something about that giant buckle in the front just caught me. I love it!

But I love the shape of the Alma.

And I do think the Blue Nuit colour is super hot...especially with casual, even, and jeans.

The Alma MM!!! Definite statement piece! Can't help with the color since they are both beautiful. Some will say stay away from Amarante since it shows fingerprints/smudges, but the Alma is not an SLG and you will use the handles on the bag, so no worry. Bleu Nuit is the best blue LV has made for the Vernis line. Also, if you like to match your bag & shoes, CLs in Oxblood are a very close non-LV match for Amarante. GL deciding and looking forward to your reveal.

Alma!!!!!

100_1728.jpg

Alma MM in Bleu Nuit! I own the Alma mm in Pomme and love it, but am looking to get the alma pm in bleu nuit, I just think I'll use the blue color more frequently than the red, but the red, blue and amarante are all gorgeous colors! I went to look at the Melrose in the store right after it came out but I totally agree with another poster, it reminded me of a briefcase and seemed kind of heavy. I looked nice on the woman in the store, I just didn't like it on me. You can never go wrong with an alma! Good luck with your decision!

If you're looking for a big vernis bag as a statement piece, then it's definitely alma mm! Melrose is a bit stiff-looking IMO and it also reminds me of a briefcase.

I have a Melrose in bleu nuit and an Alma PM in amarante. I use the Melrose solely as a briefcase and wouldn't feel comfortable using it as a regular handbag, although there are tPFers that use it as a handbag. It is heavy. The Alma is versatile (work vs casual) since it is more of a handbag. I've been thinking about getting another one, actually.

Between the two colors, you can't go wrong. They are both very beautiful. I can't wait to see your reveal!