Melrose Charm CRACKED

I called the 800 number and they are just as useless. They said to go to the boutique and have them handle it. They said that they may salvage a new charm from another defective bag to fix mine (at a price). I am utterly disgusted. I keep getting different answers and none of them with a solid solution. I am going to call Chanel again today in short hills and ask them WHAT route they are taking. I honestly wish I bought the bag in NM-atleast I know there I have friends who would make sure my bag problem was rectified immediately. What I thought to be hysterical was when the rep on the phone told me that this may be another recall issue and if its not fixed to call back in two weeks to follow up. I can't take it.

I'm surprised they didnt offer to replace it for you. Chanel SH has always been so nice to me. You should buy from NM if you feel you get better service there. Why did you buy this from Chanel SH when your friend works downstairs? Does NM not carry the melrose Cabas? I know I've seen the Melrose flap there.